Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:07AM Aquaryon said

Woohooo!! I am newer to the LotRO community and the UI is one of the things that kinda sticks out, personally, it seems slightly outdated. I am not sure what it is about it, but its so blah. So this is great news!

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:11AM Grodd said

Its about time, there UI needs help!!!

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:12AM Dumac said

• 1 heart
I hate mods.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 4:05PM ScottishViking said

And fun?

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 12:19AM Graill440 said

Mods are evil. Mods are made for people that play World of warcraft. Mods make things simple(R) and should be avoided. Mods create gold seller and bots.
Mods make.............my god!! They make gaming more enjoyable!!

Nevermind, i hate mods. Never used them, never will.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:31AM (Unverified) said

Just to be clear, this may not be released for a while yet; it may be in the testing stage for some time!

Meghan

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:43AM Aquaryon said

Thanks for info Meghan!

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:48AM Mr Angry said

That's awesome news Meghan, we could have done with this news during the drought! While the LOTRO team have done a solid job in the past, giving the community the tools to take this further allows so much more to be put behind design, I'd love a bag search function myself as things get so lost!

I'm still getting over the F2P transition, but news like this really helps me see that the game is expanding, not just converting over to a cash store.

Thanks for stopping by at Massively, do you have any little gifts for us, maybe a few beta keys for the next update in the fall :) ? I guess if you don't ask, you don't get, right?

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:46AM Bueno said

Awesome, now we can get Gear Scores before joining a group!

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:52AM Vinegar Ninja said

Seriously, the only mod I want is one that auto sells vendor trash, or items that I can pre-determine to be worthless to the vendors. Selling junk in that game is one of the more annoying aspects of it for me.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 12:01PM Bueno said

The easiest way is to disable the "show locked items" button at the vendor. Then of course lock the items you want to keep.

After doing that a few times to make sure you've locked most of your goodies, it takes seconds to sell junk.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 12:48PM Daemodand said

• 1 heart
Add-ons are a great way to get hacked.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 8:21PM Tovrin said

Utter rubbish!

Going to untrustworthy web sites to get your addons is an easy way to be hacked.

Using installers where you cannot trust their origins is an easy way to be hacked.

Not taking the proper precautions when downloading addons (like accepting self-extracting executable archives) is an easy way to be hacked.

If the API does not expose login, user account or password information (which lets face it ... it would be insane if it did) you CANNOT be hacked.

Posted: Jul 19th 2010 12:11AM Graill440 said

I will assume enough folks that think before clicking read the vanilla statement by Daemonland. Why it was voted down by many, many folks is a bit unsettling if not curious.

The statement is true if you download anything from the "net", anyone stating "utter rubbish" is full of themselves. Even with people that know what they are doing including trusted sites (zam anyone?) can be hacked. A wildly popular file, a lapse in security for whatever reason and even the the most careful folks will get snagged, especially if they are tripping thousands of hits a second before whatever it is gets caught, how do you think they make the updates for those great virus and antimalware programs?

I am quite sure the LOTR staff will disect whatever crosses the tables before it gets released, but, there is always that "chance" another programmer is smarter than the average MMO dev......

Dont vote something down because you dont think before clicking and certainly dont post following that voted down blog with an exclamation, because then...you look suspicious. *looks at lichbane*

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 12:56PM Dril said

Yes! Finally I can make a nice UI...

...AND not get hacked, because I know what I'm doing/I'm not an idiot/I know that addons don't cause you to be hacked only carelessness or not having good antivirus!

Cheers all around!

(Will mouseover healing be possible? If so, my WoW sub will see some serious decline.)

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 1:41PM Joshua Przygocki said

I hated healing in lotro, it was a lot harder to do because of the cluttered UI.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 2:33PM Brianna Royce said

So true. After healing in games like WoW and WAR with their mods, and from SWG with its crazy macro system, I always felt very hindered in LotRO. This is fantastic!

-Bree

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 1:57PM (Unverified) said

Awsome. Looking forward to this. I would be intrigued to know what kind of thing would make peoples life easier?

Posted: Jul 15th 2010 1:33PM (Unverified) said

great news for changing the UI (about time), as for mods, it should be fun to see what players make, but please no gear score mods, which is killing WoW right now.

Posted: Jul 15th 2010 12:21PM (Unverified) said

I am hoping for a larger mini map where the resource nodes that are being tracked stand out a bit more. I am partially color blind so sometimes it is hard to see some things on the current tracker in the mini map. This will be a boon to folks like me.