Posted: Jul 14th 2010 10:46AM Natasha said

This looks like an interesting game to try.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:09AM Dandmcd said

That's concept art I see above, not screenshots I assume. Runescape always has nice concept art, but in reality the game looks terrible.

I'll definitely sign up for beta, and am curious to see if these guys have any talent left to produce another hit like Runescape.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 3:32PM kasapina said

Frankly I don't care either way, runescape was my first MMO and it's graphics have thus never bothered me, despite having played many games since then. However, it's worth noting that they scrapped Mech Quest because "it wasn't fun" to start all over. With so much effort on gameplay, I suppose that they will be using a standard engine instead of java, and thus have a lot better graphics.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 3:58PM kasapina said

I read the SD forums and someone mentioned that it's made with runescape engine, but with better graphics. I suppose that means that it will be in java and thus pretty much the same quality - however it could be fake information.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 6:33PM (Unverified) said

To be frank, whilst I no longer play RuneScape, it's graphics are pretty damn awesome.

Now, before anyone leaps from the shadows to "correct" me, allow me to continue. RuneScape is nothing like other MMOs, such as World of Warcraft, EverQuest, Lord of the Rings Online, etc. RuneScape uses Java for it's game engine, which holds much more restrictions in regards to things like graphics in comparison to the engines that something like WoW is run off.

RuneScape's graphics are, quite frankly, pretty damn awesome for a Java-based game. Remember that it -is- a Java game, and Java is a -bitch- to work with in comparison to many other languages (debatable, of course, and there's a lot worse languages out there, but whatever).

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:04PM KaBob799 said

RuneScape has dramatically improved their graphics over recent years and many of their improvements are just now getting used. Stellar Dawn is being built with all these improvements and more from the very beginning so it should look better than RuneScape just because of that.

Posted: Jul 15th 2010 10:27AM (Unverified) said

Runescape doesn't have nice concept art...

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 1:29PM (Unverified) said

The concept art all looks really attractive. It'll be interesting to see how the actual graphics turn out.

There's a nice Stellar Dawn Help Site at http://www.stellarstop.com

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 11:16PM Dandmcd said

I wasn't trying to diss Runescape graphics in anyway, though what I said came out wrong. I was implying that Jagex has released a lot of concept art for Runescape, and the game looks nothing like the excellent art. The concept art Massively called screenshots has to be taken with a grain of salt, because Jagex artwork is far different the in-game art.

Posted: Jul 15th 2010 1:15PM NeoDodge said

I like how they ripped the Mass Effecti logo and turned it into a thing of their own.
Seeing how Runescape has evolved over the last years, I'm curious about this one, too.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM