Posted: Jul 12th 2010 8:59PM kevinsal said

This should be interesting. I am currently playing casually even though I'm going to be playing FF XIV in Sept. I feel like it's either going to make or break the game.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 9:08PM design1stcode2nd said

Well I'll have a few days before my vacation to see what's what and then on to Starcraft II.

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 12:01AM DrewIW said

Are you ever going to write an article about actual gameplay, or can we just expect more discussion about the metagame and NCSoft?

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 1:47AM (Unverified) said

There's not much point. Gameplay is bland on all fronts.

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 5:14AM Georgio said

Drew is right, I think there is a lot of poetry in the Aion related articles :) Have you noticed that again the frequency of Aion articles is going up again ? Before 1.9 was the same, NCWest "pushing" a lot of articles. Their problem is that Aion is so stale and its image is so bad already that you have to start writing poetry in the articles because there is not enough things happening in Aion to write about in 3 or more articles per week :)

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 5:18AM (Unverified) said

Before the trolls start to blame me of exaggerating about the Aion related articles on Massively I ask you this:
Why do we still have more coverage for Aion (3 people writing Aion articles now) than for WOW and EVE combined ?
I mean why less than 5% of the MMO market (Aion's share) is more important that the 90% covered by WOW and EVE ?

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 8:42AM Skellybob said

Well, one reason why you don't see many WoW articles on Massively is because Massively has a sister site entirely devoted to WoW. It's called WoW.com.

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 5:57AM ElfLove said

Ugh all this doom and gloom from people really gets to me. -_-

I just bought the game a week ago and yes I am prepared for the chaos a merge can cause...heck i even have an emergency list of alternate names just in case the ones i currently have are taken.

I'm actually enjoying AION quite a bit...the world is beautiful and surreal and it has some nice aesthetic touches that some MMOs don't have.

...also yes I'm aware of the grinding and ganking but I was prepared for that when I subbed.

So far I'm having a great time. ^_^

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 12:57PM Laren said

In game, this feels like a big last gasp.

I'm playing on the Asmo side, and the total apathy for PvP reached a commical level. Lots are hoping the merge will restore some balance to the Abyss. Who knows... but it can't get much worse.

My alts on the elyos side have the exact opposite problem. The Abyss has been so empty, it is easier to grind there vs. getting ganked by rifters. The spy quests were also very easy to finish, as Asmo lands are deserted.

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 1:01PM Laren said

I should have noted, however, that I'm still having fun (ganking aside).

Why I Play: ArcheAge