Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:00PM Daverator said

"unwilling to work with Square-Enix to deal with the Xbox Live setup"

In case someone can't translate that I will do it for you.

$$$

Microsoft wants a cut of subscription or at the very least to require xbox gold to access it (de facto getting a cut). Sony wants to keep subscription money and have as many potential customers as possible.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 1:07PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Exactly, its about money.

I'm sure square would LOVE to have the game on the 360, there are what? like 60,000 ps3 in the us and 10mil 360s?

Really, Ive said it before and I hope someone realizes that GW or GW2 would be perfect console mmos. Most Mmos you need access to like 20+ buttons, for GW u need 8 at a time.

Every time i play Tf2 on my pc with an xbox controller and i channel the medic's medigun, all i can think is why can't they do this in an mmo?

Sorry for going off topic

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 1:11PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
P.S.

If I have to use a keyboard or mouse usb into my ps3 (which i wont ever want to own) or my 360 (which my gf and I use everyday whether gaming or not.) then it doesn't count.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 1:17PM MrCassian said

@OfieshK

There are 14 million PS3s and 23 million 360s sold in America. Mind you, most people I know have 360s that malfunctioned multiple times and bought new ones, so the actual number of 360 owners is probably much lower.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:10PM Wisdomandlore said

This seems to be the exact same reason Champions Online for 360 fell through. Eventually there will be a console MMO that achieves a huge subscriber base, and Microsoft will have shot themselves in the foot.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:29PM Theeinferno said

I swear, Microsoft is steady killing themselves with only having a couple of mmo's for the console.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:16PM Khaiser Soze said

• 1 heart
The 360 has been dead for a long time. I personally haven't turned mine on in many months.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:20PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
do you live on mars ? why not open your 360 ? do you only play metalgear ? OH WAIT its comming on 360 ... LOL

i play all the consoles equally for their games. but if there is realy one console i dont open much, its my ps3.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:23PM Daverator said

People tend to confuse their perception with general perception.

You might not have played your 360 in months, but there are probably 10s of thousands of games of Modern Warfare 2 going on right now.

You might not have had an active WoW account for months (years?), but there is still likely 11 million + people subscribed to the game.

You may think that Miley Cyrus is a hack artist and never completed listening to one of her songs, but some millions of tween girls continue to buy her albums, or go to her concerts.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:43PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Step out from under your rock.

If the 360 is dead then so is the PS3.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 1:00PM jpo said

That just means you're dead.

Actually, PC gaming is dead...since I haven't played a game on my PC in several weeks.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 7:30PM Monkey D Luffy said

So if 360 died a few months ago, then PS3 died at birth?

Sounds like some BS to me.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 12:16PM DotCom said

Hmm, seems they don't want the extra dough. Oh well, there loss.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 1:07PM Lt Cobalt said

To be honest it doesn't matter, why would anyone with a choice, play any MMO on the console over a PC? The only games that will work with the current systems are going to be MMOFPS style games (like DUST 514) where the social element of the game is connected to EVE and the action of the game is played on the console where the control scheme will allow it to work fine.

Even then i'd rather play DUST on PC.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 1:19PM MrCassian said

FFXIV may be built with the PC in mind, but trust me, it'll feel much better on the PS3.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 2:21PM (Unverified) said

FFXI worked great on the PS2 (once you attach a USB keyboard).

Although the resolution and graphics were worse, the game itself played better on the PS2 (e.g. macros popped up instantly vs. the half second delay on PC which made a huge different for some jobs like healers, things appeared more quickly on PS2 such NMs which made claiming them a little easier with a PS2).

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 3:53PM (Unverified) said

@ OfieshK
"Exactly, its about money.
Sony pays piles and piles of money for exclusivity, and Microsoft would have to match that to break that deal."

Right because we all know how MS isn't notorious for paying huge amounts of money for exclusivity. lol

"xbox just doesn't need to drop the kind of cash for a game that it knows isn't the bread and butter genre for xbox live, (shooters, sports, and action)"

FFXIV is the bread and butter console MMO, and considering MS wants other FF titles (XIII) on their console I'm sure they'd want this too, but something fell through. Why would MS want to let Sony have the console rights to any game? That's rather un-MS like.

"But the day i can play an mmo properly with my console on my nice tv on my couch rather than in a chair at my desk. That company would have me for life."

Then quit being a fanboy and get a PS3 lol.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 5:22PM ultimateq said

I don't own a 360, probably never will. I've never really cared to even play an mmo on a console. However if this get's released for the PS3, I might try it out. I really only got the PS3 for the bluray playback, but I still own a few games, and I might be willing to try this on the ps3.

Posted: Jul 16th 2010 8:01AM (Unverified) said

There is no IF. It IS coming out for the PS3 early in 2011.

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 8:56AM koehler83 said

The snobbery and douchebaggery on this website is ridiculous. You losers need to get over yourselves. You're collectively pathetic.
| 1 | 2 |

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM