Posted: Jul 11th 2010 12:23PM Slob Zombie said

I remember bits and pieces about sieging player cities. Is it possible to lose everything you just described?

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 1:31PM TheJackman said

Just to add to my last week post: After a long chat with with Funcom tech support it turns out my processor was the problem.

My Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 1:39PM Hurlbut said

@double9s
It is only the Battle Keeps in the Border Kingdoms. They add on top of your guild city's buffs, but they can be taken or lost in sieges. The guild city can't be sieged.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 1:45PM (Unverified) said

Sorry for asking this here, but the official forums are pointless and forums on sites like mmorpg are nothing but vitriol.

How is the PvE end-game in this game? Are there people still running T1 and T2 raids? How about T3? Is it possible for a new player to the game to get into PvE raids?

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 2:13PM (Unverified) said

Join a good guild. There are plenty of "casual" guilds which do daily or weekly raids without demanding you do them, as well as hard core guilds that do nothing but raid.

I recommend http://ravensofmemory.com/index.php personally, great casual guild with plenty of active players and T1,T2, and T3 raids every week.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 3:57PM Alarie said

Agree with fresnoboone. A good guild goes miles in enjoyment in a MMO. Also agree Ravens of Memory is a good choice. They are a good bunch of people.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 2:10PM (Unverified) said

I really liked AoC just couldn't get anyone to join me in it.I played it at launch when it was memory leak hell. I played it right around the1 year mark and it was definitely the best it ever was or ever would be. It ran great and was as smooth as any 800 pound gorilla of this genre could be.

I did t he10 day welcome back or whatever they called it and was disgusted by how bad it ran on my pc. Its kind of funny it played better on a crappier computer but it did. I uninstalled on the second day because it was unplayable.

I thought the player cities were going to be more than a city node.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 7:29PM (Unverified) said

AoC is the best little forgotten gem of an mmo atm. They need to tone down the difficulty of getting good gear, and they are. AoC is a must try for those who left in the 1st 2 months of release. I can't recommend it enough. There is actually a really cool endgame now!

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 8:08PM Faryon said

Ah, building a guild city was one of the most fun things about AoC at launch imo. Though the requirements are as you say pretty insane. It's really satifying to see the countless hours of gathering pay off when the buildings rise from the ground.

Joined a guild with a T3 city when I came back though.. There is just no way in hell anyone could rope me into doing that insane amount of gathering again.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 10:10PM (Unverified) said

I'd Love to join up with your guild and help build this up. What server are you on?

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 5:49PM Lateris said

We just finished Tier II in my guild.