Posted: Jul 10th 2010 4:27PM Nickelpat said

I went back to champs online and I'll probably work some arma 2 into there too.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 10:25AM (Unverified) said

I just resubbed to EVE on a year old character 12 days ago, and she's flying dual monitor style with my new account toon purchased 12 days ago as well via Steam's $2 EVE sale. This has caused me to seriously neglect my Age of Conan characters. I dislike greatly wasting money on one sub while stuck playing another subscription game. I have to add that EVE is totally awesome and I'm loving every minute of it, even if sometimes I am just spending my playtime fitting ships, shopping the market, studying skills and lore, or just organizing my inventory.

In the meantime, I'm seriously itching to try either EQ2 or Vanguard. Both games look better than ever, and thanks to some positive replies from the writers and community here at Massively, I'm having a hard time not downloading one of them.

I also dug out my SWG collector's edition box (still in pristine condition, mind you) just for nostalgia's sake, as I've been tempted to check it out again also. I have not played since pre NGE and it might be a good time to check it out again with it being the new massively choose my adventure title.

Seems the most consistent thing concerning my gaming habits over the past 8 months has been the fact there are just too many worth playing. Dang.

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 11:39AM Birk said

I'm glad you're enjoying EVE mate. It's such a deep game...but to accomplish anything substantial I find the time and dedication required are too substantial.

Best of luck in it though, and might I suggest that you listen to EVE Radio while you play? Seriously, I would have quit -months- before I did if not for EVE Radio.

Also, they have an in-game chat channel. Contests, prizes, social...good stuff.

*Note: I do not work for EVE Radio

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 12:35PM (Unverified) said

Birk,

I had the same issue when I first played EVE a year ago. I felt I couldn't invest enough time into it to do anything productive or substantial. I've since read and followed the game a great deal, and figured out that by taking the approach of "I can be as productive as I choose", it's very much more accessible. Even with limited time to play, you are still constantly training offline, and when you do play, there is much more than becoming an industrial giant, or a top-rate PVP pilot. You can get in your ship, do a mission or two, scan systems for rats or enemies, study the lore, do a little mining, even make a decent amount of ISK rather easily.

I find it a lot more accessible than it seems on the surface. People always say, "EVE is what you make it", and I believe this statement is absolute truth.

On a follow up to my original comment, I downloaded the Vanguard trial, and am in the process of downloading the EQ2 trial.

Initial thoughts on Vanguard: It looks very, very dated, graphically. It has detailed textures, and good effects, and decent looking character models (a little clunky looking), but I have all settings maxed as high as possible, and it still looks "just pretty good". I haven't really done anything aside fiddle with settings and a few quests, but I'm not sure if it's for me, based on the fact that there are many other games that just look 10x better.

I'm going to give EQ2 a try today and see if that's any better.

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 12:59PM VioletArrows said

Noooo clue what I'm gonna do this weekend. XP I'm in the middle of at least 4 games and once I reach that half point, I usually get bored and do something else. Yay, ADD!

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 10:09PM AlamoeJones said

Just finished Mass Effect...which means it's time to start Mass Effect 2. I haven't touched an mmo in over a month!