Posted: Jul 11th 2010 8:27AM (Unverified) said

(man Massi really needs n edit button)

and I don't care about the trolls. These guys hated the game ever since the first screens were released, "too cartoony" they say. SWTOR already has an amazing community, according to their forums, so the less trollish people buying the game, the better experience I will have ingame

on a lighter note, it seems the game is almost finished, by the looks of it. Crafting, guilds, housing and races/planets are what they still need to show...but eight months? That's n awful lot of time, so I'm 100% sure Bioware's still got some aces in their pocket

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 11:16AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
A single-player game that I have to pay a subscription for? No thanks.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 12:04PM (Unverified) said

Interesting how "an emphasis on storytelling" suddenly changes an MMO into a singleplayer game, as if it is by some sort of strange rule that storytelling in MMOs needs to be poor.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 1:23PM (Unverified) said

Interesting how people will continue to blindly lap up anything and everything a developer says to hype up their product without thinking how it's going to realistically affect their playtime. Don't worry though, I'll be awaiting the inevitable disappointment posts about this game once it hits the shelves. It's amazing how much people are hyping this up based on PR blurbs alone; really goes to show the MMO playerbase has no long-term memory.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 6:10PM (Unverified) said

well you know, gamers trust Bioware. And I don't think anyone here is basing their excitement over PR crap alone, least I know I don't

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 10:26PM (Unverified) said

Certainly not. Bioware has a long standing good rep from their games, 2nd only to pre-Activision Blizzard.

Everyone considering playing STOR should pick up Mass effect 1 and 2 and Dragon Age origins. These titles are very telling as to the type of elements we'll experience in STOR.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 7:58PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Prediction:

with what I read here from this erickson guy ... SW:TOR will completely FAIL as an mmorpg.

3 reasons:

1 "If you play for 5 to 10 hours a week ... you will never outrun the content and story telling"

Comment: this simply means ... the game has to be experienced as a single player game, because ... people are supposed to play it VERY "easy on playing time" and so... the regrouping of the game will actually never really take place. For a long term subs MMO to be succesful you need to group players at end levels and intermediate levels ... but with "everyone always going through stories that ... never end" it FAILS to one of the basics of MMO's: GROUP end game level play to advance.

2. The animation and combat (certainly with included NPC henchman) is a dramatic bad feature for an on line game. If you can't deliver better than what we were shown ... 9 months before launch, SW TOR simply is a dead duck after 3 months. PvP with NPC's henchman ??? What a laugh.

---- But most important -----

3. Yes with Erickson's statements .... it reminds me all of funCom's Age of Conan; The Director back then used typical FORUM TROLL words to say HIS product was the Filet Mignon of MMo's, while others were merely Mac Donalds. Just as if the MMO business has anything to do with food chains.

This time the idiot above used again a trypical FORUM TROLL statement.That of "theme parcs", which of course is complete ridiculous for about ANY MMO on the market. Because only TROLL FORUM CLOWNS would think these are valid statements in games where you decide what you play for that day without following any predefined content like a typical Single liniair adventure game.

I would say by these very statements ... the Bioware guy simply has NO clue what games like WOW tick...

Sad when game directors start using typical forum troll stuff to gather steam.

They should design games not doing teenager trash talking.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 8:33PM Sharuk said

Let me get this straight, he is "talking trash" because he said this is a RPG fans dream game. Really? Man what type of new trash talking is this.

Posted: Jul 11th 2010 8:30PM Sharuk said

These comments are hilarious. Remember when everyone in WoW did the Wrathgate quest and they loved it so much and wanted more quests like that? Guess what SWTOR will be filled with that, questing will actually be fun.

As someone stated before, there will be PvP and PvP gear sets at max level we have to "grind" for. There will be PvE content at max level we have to "grind" for. There will be crafting and the social experience.

The only difference is that you have fun while questing unlike WoW.

There are too many industry veterans working on the game, talent that knows what an MMO is. This is not a single player game, everything they said says otherwise.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 7:42AM toothball said

I am too skeptical these days. WAR taught me that you can never trust the things they show you and the stuff they say. I hope this game is awesome, but I believe nothing until I sit down and play the final build.

Posted: Jul 12th 2010 3:56PM Uninformed said

I hate all the hype that precedes these releases.

Spring 2011 is still nine months away. ......

Posted: Jul 13th 2010 3:07PM uberman3000 said

I don't understand why repeating the same type of quests, mindless PVP and dungeons over and over and over is so much better then putting the RPG in MMORPG? If you do some actual digging around and not read a blurb, you might be surprised at what you read or watch. I challenge anyone to do what I have done, stop playing WoW. Do it for say 3 months ( or more if you handle it ) and play other games. When I came back to play after LK came out I found that it was same thing over and over again, it just looked a lot prettier. The most fun I ever had playing WoW was the DK starting zone. The reason why was that I felt like I was apart of something and what I did mattered. However, it was a lingerie story line. What if I wanted to help the Litch King at the end or help the common folk instead of slaughtering them? Even if TOR wasn't going to be fully voiced and all that, but kept the decision making I would still be more excited for it then CAT. I'm not saying WoW is bad, it isn't but it just doesn't excite me anymore. It may excite you and thats fine its your ( or your parents ) money.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014