Posted: Jul 9th 2010 12:09PM Thac0 said

These look great; however it gives me the idea that this will be a game with a ton of mobs walking back and forth in a line standing in fields awaiting to be killed.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 12:33PM (Unverified) said

As opposed to what? Basically every MMO does this.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 12:56PM Thac0 said

there are mobs placed in every game yes but some games just have fields of them standing there like idiots waiting to be killed and other are skillfully placed to seem in tune with the environment.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 1:26PM Cirocco said

Ryzom has some of the best natural outdoors mob AI with its surprising herd/grazer/gatherer/predator/prey dynamic. The creatures don't look like random wandering landscape deposits but they actually respond to the presence of each other and players, much like in nature. I'm surprised more MMOs haven't emulated this unique feature of Ryzom's mob AI.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 12:37PM Anatidae said

I hope they give the female avatars a breast attack. They modeled them to have enough mass to knock out any of those large monsters.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 1:01PM kasapina said

C'mon, these aren't bad at all. Sure, this is okay to post on most other tera articles, but this one features very few females, and no absurdly over the top ones.

People need to stop trolling tera over this. Sure, I agree with you guys - I won't be caught playing a female character in this game no matter what. But I think there's no point repeating it every time there's a chance.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 2:53PM Daemodand said

I like what I'm seeing from this game but it needs to be F2P because I don't see what's going to differentiate it from the myriad of F2P Korean grinders. Paying 50+15 for a Korean grinder, it's just not going to happen (speaking only for myself of course).

Sorceress' animations are really hot though!

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 3:59PM Joshua Przygocki said

I hope they try to "westernize" this enough for it to not fail. If it can come out with an average western MMO grind rather than the Aion or f2p grind I'll be so happy, the style of this game looks pretty damn awesome fantasy wise.

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 9:51AM (Unverified) said

I totally agree, Joshua.

However, my faith in Korean MMO's has long since gone out the window. I'd suggest anyone who hasn't played a Korean MMO waits a while before splurging on this, to get some feedback on what the leveling/money sinks are like.

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 5:16PM Joshua Przygocki said

Yea I'm not going to make the same mistake I did with aion and pre order...