Posted: Jul 9th 2010 4:11PM Cendres said

Well trust SOE to overprice everything, server transfers PER character were 50 dollars too... I think they changed that, which brings up why they would all of a sudden charge so much for a simple name change.

Changing your name is in the marketplace too, it's a potion of forgetfulness or something.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 4:38PM Seffrid said

This is changing the guild name, quite different.

You're right that character transfers PER character were 50 dollars and that they changed that. They're now 25 dollars (ie 2500 station cash). Scandalous, ain't it? How dare they halve the charge?!

As for the person who needed to be told by SOE which bank he used to run his account in order that he could process his case, come on, get real. Ever heard of security? How many different bank accounts does the average gamer run anyway?

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 5:00PM wjowski said

25 dollars is ridiculous. Ten dollars is more like it. City of Heroes charges around that amount for the exact same service.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 5:45PM breezer said

$25 is standard, more or less. Isn't it?

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 6:10PM Cendres said

Yeah 25$ dollars seems pretty standard, sometimes it's less and you can move more then one character, I think. I know for sure that's how it is in FFXI.

If you're going to charge a lot of money hopefully it's for all the characters on that server..

@ Seffrid, I don't know what you're getting at.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 6:26PM (Unverified) said

I don't think some of you understand the importance of Guild reputation in EQ2. Being in a Guild with a better rep will actually get you more pick up groups and you will be asked to participate in more content. It is a big deal. I don't care about other games and their prices. In every game you people list Guilds are a glorified chat channel. EQ2 takes the whole Guilding process much more seriously. More features and more effort is put into it. So personally I like the price. Do it only if your serious about it. It is a completely optional revenue stream. It offers no gameplay advantage. Why should they not make money? Would you prefer 20 $ per month and no paid services? Or 15 $ and and the option to buy fluff items and services? Seems like an easy choice to me...

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 8:49PM (Unverified) said

Wow, Jerry.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 7:23PM (Unverified) said

I lol'd.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 7:32PM Xanija said

Thank you SOE for making sure I don't want to waste a single cent on your games any more.

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 8:05PM (Unverified) said

$0E !! What a rotten greedy company they are. !!! I hope all of the MMO's they currently have on life support and others fall flat on their faces and utterly FAIL ! oink oink ;)

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 7:39AM Budukahn said

I'll admit, I don't really know anything about Guilds in EQ2, heck I never got of the old starter island. I don't know much about programming either, but changing the guild name variable doesn't exactly sound like $55's worth of services.

Perhaps though, the intention is to create a resale market for leveled up guilds or whatever you get in the game. Buying leadership of a guild with all it's perks and rename it to suit yourself... a new field of RMT perhaps?

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 10:01AM (Unverified) said

Live Gamer tie in? Sounds likely.

As a side note...There are many SOE games that I would play if they weren't SOE games.

The Daily Grind: Do you suck at MMOs?

Posted on Jul 25th 2014 8:00AM