Posted: Jul 8th 2010 4:42PM Boruk said

I would say its the wasteland with the ruins over the picture you have.

Curt Schilling is an EQ player from the past, and I would bet he is an explorer of the world like most of us were so that wasteland picture is just waiting to be explored.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 5:58PM RudyHuxtable said

Look at all that juice!

Posted: Jul 25th 2010 11:21AM (Unverified) said

Bob Salvatore is an amazing author. He writes great fight scenes and has created lots of the most endearing fantasy characters, mainly for D&D Forgotten realms - Drizzt Do'Urden and Bruenor Battlehammer to name but two. He does have a tendency to give ridiculous names to some characters (Cordio Muffinhead springs to mind) but if he's the main storywriter, then the game should be well written anyway

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 8:22PM (Unverified) said

Vaporware until proven otherwise.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 9:56PM AlamoeJones said

Exactly.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 11:27PM Valdur said

They'll be at Comicon 2010 on July 22nd and they are going to reveal a Trailer made by Todd Mc Farlane concerning the IP.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 6:04AM Rich said

Trailer means nothing...

I wish these guys luck, but I am not holding out hope that it see the light of day and if it does, it will suffer the fate of all the MMORPGs released to date.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 7:01AM nearly nil said

Rich- what fate are you referring to? That it will be played and enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of gamers? The more the merrier imho...

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 9:10AM Valdur said

The panel will consist of RA Salvatore,Todd McFarlane,Curt Shilling,Ken Ralston and I already envy those who gonna be there.

I hope that massively can grab an interview with those guys :)

Posted: Jul 10th 2010 3:40PM Lionhearted said

I hope this game gets finished. I'd give it a try. True story: I had no idea what Everquest or MMOs were until I read an article about Schilling (and some other dude in the MLB he got to play) and how they were EQ addicts in the offseason, exploring the giant frozen plains of Velious, with the pictures of the creepy......and giant.... giants and the ice wolves, etc. It was great stuff and I'll admit it was what first made me want to play.

I'm not going to say Curt Schilling got me to play MMOs (I'm willing to bet I would have been intrigued by WoW when it came out, at some point), but he certainly got me to play MMOs very early on in the "game" and when MMOs weren't at all common or cool. That changed me as a player of MMOs, because the easy-breezy stuff like what WoW offers often just doesn't do it for me beyond a few months.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM