Posted: Jul 8th 2010 10:38AM Pingles said

This cutesy game has been my secondary MMO since I beta tested it.

It's fun for PvE standard mmo fare.

Haven't logged on in a bit but will definitely check it out. I'll be so glad to get rid of that accursed beret! Three helms in and all had been berets!

Great community.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 10:45AM Dumac said

I prefer the older models, i think they had more charm, whereas the new ones are leaning towards more human and thus more creepy side... Also as this comparison shows, armor was designed for a shorter and wider body, and doesn't look good on the new model.

The rest of the patch is interesting, but I'm giving EE a break until they "tighten up" the combat, i don't think it's responsive and fluid enough to be enjoyable.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 10:50AM Daverator said

I think its a bad sign if an outsider cannot tell which model is "new" The colors on the left model are brighter, but thats really textures more than models. Surely they wouldn't add a "new" model to make you fatter? The hat and shoulders on the right look more detailed, but the pants on the right have obviously much lower resolution.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 11:08AM Beau Hindman said

Well, to be fair, the "new" comes in to play if the critter was naked. There are some new armor looks, but the characters are more "humanoid" and more "muscular" or "heroic." It really helps to see them in game.

Beau

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 3:38PM (Unverified) said

Color me confused as well, if I were to guess I'd say the one on the left was the superior, updated model, but this does not conform to the usual before/after picture format?

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 12:44PM Enikuo said

"teleport directly to your friends" - Yay!

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 2:17PM Cendres said

Yay!! I have to admit I really tried playing this game but the character models resembling furry dwarves (to me) just didn't appeal.

Will check this out again for sure!

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 3:44PM Beau Hindman said

You know, it seems there is some confusion over which one looks "before" and which looks "after."

I kinda' like that...so, which one LOOKS better, despite when it was released? :)

Beau

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 4:29PM Daemodand said

I've been playing EE quite a bit recently. It makes a nice reprieve from being crushed under the Soviet boot of Allods.

I prefer the chubbier models. Cutesy is the watch-word for EE and those models brought the cute in ways the new ones don't. I think you can still make them chubby in the character creator if I'm not mistaken.

The game's player base is microscopic. Too bad because after all the revisions, the game is looking pretty solid. My chief complaint right now is the minimalist sound scheme. They definitely need to address that. The lack of a lot of sound makes the game feel dead.

And I appreciate the auto-facing. It helps the often-clunky feel of combat seem smoother. I originally stopped playing EE due to how terribly clunky the combat felt. Especially melee.

Game should be out of beta sometime in 2025.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 7:04PM Allegos said

I played around with the previous patch, and the clunkiness of combat was an issue to me too. Small things like having to trigger autoattack through a keybind or action bar button bugged me, and spell failure was a death sentence if a mob was on you. The patch notes suggest that a lot of what irked me has been cleaned up. Definitely giving it another try tonight.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 8:34PM Ripper McGee said

The screenshot above looks like it was taken with different graphical settings. Here are some before/after shots of my characters, for the sake of comparison:

~Kurt

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 12:55AM Cendres said

Just came back from trying it out, it's not really that huge of a change and if you like the chubby look there is a chubby body option too, it goes; skinny, brawny, chubby.

I have to say this is a really nice patch, the combat felt much better and for some reason I had not noticed the stars twinkling before amongst other little things. From a quick look, this is a little gem of a game. Back to the body tweaks I think they match the artwork on the website better now too.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 11:07AM (Unverified) said

It's an alright patch, I don't like how my armor stats changed but meh. A patch is always welcome. :)

For more before/ after examples: http://www.eartheternal.com/forums/earth-eternal-chat/topics/PrePost-Patch-088-Character-Screenshots