Posted: Jul 8th 2010 12:38PM Renko said

Good to hear new factions are getting buried while they work on the Klingons. I can't understand why they were even talking about new factions, it was just plain stupid.

STO still needs a lot more work though to make it worth a monthly subscription.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 12:45PM vicryixiv said

Video Game Developers/managers/execs who are highly visible in the public do not often last long.

Navy seals get trained to deal with the kind of intense stress-inducing environments that gaming "communities" create on official forums. A guy who thought it would be fun to make starships does not.

Ghostcrawler seems to be a notable exception to me. I've seen many many others come into a community, get very involved and then dissapear beneath the waves of "Incompetent! Liars! Why do you hate us!" etc.

Maybe he was just tired of busting his ass every day and getting dumped on by a bunch of malcontents who always attribute everything to intentionally being screwed over.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 1:17PM XOR said

"STO isn't dying!" ??

no, to me it is already dead. After paying early for lifetime sub, I'd never trust Cryptic to release a solid game again. burned

"Again, Cryptic Studios developed STO in half the time most studios spend on MMOs..."

hehe that part cracked me up, since STO is about "half" of a game.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 3:20PM CCon99 said

I never understand why they gloat about the short time the game was developed in like it's this great accomplishment. News flash, the game plays like it was developed in half the time of other MMO's. I'm sure construction workers could build a building in half the time if they really wanted to rush it, but I wouldn't want to be in it or anywhere near it's falling radius.

If they should be gloating about anything, it's that they have enough fanboy's who are blind enough to pay for the game's next 2 years, to complete the other half of the game's development.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 3:44PM blomma said

This is something to be proud of if STO had been of solid quality. But as a former subscriber that seems far from the truth. As of now this statement says more of cryptics mission, to churn out mmo's by the bucket, than to focus on quality.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 4:06PM Daemodand said

Wake me when Romulans are in. And I don't mean PvP only.

Posted: Jul 9th 2010 3:03AM ChongShin said

lol what a transparent fluff piece. Hey Ryan, I'mma call you Baghdad Bob from now on, m'kay?

"nothing new or frightening. STO isn't dying!" - I lol'd! Seriously.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014