Posted: Jul 7th 2010 7:16PM (Unverified) said

The new death penalty is a bit more Cash Shop involved than the last one, but could still work... except in Holy Lands, where death is unavoidable.

There's also a peculiarity with the patch notes being incomplete: there's actually an across the board damage nerf for all classes that is not detailed at all. This can be overcome with more Cash Shop items as of the patch date, but its very odd to see this sort of quantifiable element left out of the notes.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 7:18PM Kedz said

Big patch, for sure, as it has caused the biggest player rage I've ever seen. People are leaving in droves.

Why?

because they put in a flat 50% dmg decrease for ALL players, across the board (which wasn't in the patch notes of course). The only way to overcome said dmg decrease? Cash shop of course.

I logged in for a while and started killing some mobs 3-4 levels below me, and it took way way too long. A same level mob kicked the crap out of my pet and took me down to 30% before i dropped it. Its brutal to do anything now. Allods went from the best free to play to just another pay to win.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 7:53PM Barinthos said

Wow, that's pretty pathetic. I had such high hopes during beta, but
now? It's laughable at how fast they're driving this game into the
ground.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 7:42PM (Unverified) said

Ha. Wow, they've just got the pedal down to the floor on that FailBus, don't they?

Keep it up, gPotato / AN, you're crashing and burning with gas, now!

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 8:40PM (Unverified) said

Holey Moley!!!

I had a feeling that they didn't learn a lesson from the original cash shop prices, but that's just silly.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 8:42PM wjowski said

It's like they're intentionally trying to drive people away from the game.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 8:53PM (Unverified) said

the Cash Shop prices are for once atleast for US standards incredibly and thankfully low but the game mechanic changes that force absolute use of the cashshop or gold farmers to play...just Utterly Ridiculously.

The new game mechanics & changes and hidden nerfs (cough 200% damage nerf to anyone not using lvl 4 patronage incense which now costs myrrh to activate)...Its like they stuck their head right up their rear and out their mouths and still can't see the light of day.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 9:00PM (Unverified) said

Just checked the forums... THAT is MUCH worse than the "original cash shop prices" uproar.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 9:01PM (Unverified) said

When does Mr. Allarde do his next Massively interview?

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 12:00AM (Unverified) said

I tried to add a comment on a thread on the Allods forum and by the time I was done my two sentence post, the topic had been deleted. It's like Whack-A-Mole with the thread deleting over there.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 10:21AM (Unverified) said

I never said it wasn't worse than the original uproar. I said the prices were atleast reasonable its the game mechanics this time around that are driving people into a mad frothing nerd rage frenzy. Last night was like a dead zone all over the game.

Game mechanics that charge you for dying & looting treasure are absolute fail. Not only do we have to buy incense with cash (or alot of gold if you find anyone willing to try aselling it within the 7 day time span that its useable) but you have to spend gold on Myrrh just to use incense or any of the new patronage abilities.

The removed the need to group for good large chunks of the game so its going to be a mass battlefield of kill stealing jerkness.

The Russian Devs suck Hard.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 9:29PM Pingles said

I logged on to see if it was worth playing with the damage reduction and saw none on my 19 Paladin. Finished a 19 mob with 80% health...normal for me.

Has anyone actually seen this damage reduction in action?

50% would be pretty drastic and I keep seeing people say 200% which is even crazier.

Is my level 19 toon too low to see it?

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 6:35AM HackJack said

200% damage reduction would mean that you would heal mobs for 100% of your original damage .-_-

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 10:01PM SoupViking said

Not too low. I played with it some tonight. Mobs under me were a breeze. But a single mob one level higher finished me off pretty handily. I died and it had at least 25% of it's health remaining. Yesterday I would have tackled two of them.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 10:22PM (Unverified) said

Mail.ru and gPotato both have LOST IT COMPLETELY
It's all lies and doubletalk from these morons..
Good thing I have other things to do now than play this game for hardcore rich jerks

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 10:51PM (Unverified) said

Another day, another tragedy

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 2:31AM (Unverified) said

EPIC FAIL by greedy capitalists

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 2:34AM (Unverified) said

The production quality on this game is really amazing. I just can't believe they are driving it into the ground with this asinine revenue system they've concocted. For me, if you remove the forced PvP and change it to a F2P model similar to DDO or LotRO I'd be playing it right now.

But if you make a WoW clone that actually costs more to play than WoW, why the hell wouldn't I just go play WoW? A cooler looking Orc isn't worth $50+ a month.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 2:39AM Darkwood71 said

Wow. Deja vu.

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 2:55AM thud said

• 1 heart
I've died 20+ times and have yet to see any of my blues get cursed. so meh on that whole situation. As for the incense, it cost a whopping $5.25 a month to keep the buff running 24/7, not bad at all considering the price of many other games.

$50+ a month, I call bull$#!@.

Incense + occasional curse removal = under $15/mo

Make My MMO: September 14 - 20, 2014

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 6:00PM

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors aweigh in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM