Posted: Jul 7th 2010 1:01PM Superfan said

Thanks for using my question! I think this game can still be a lot of fun but after 6 years, they need to offer more variety. They have taken the easy road too often and added 'fluff' additions to the game.

Here's one for next time! Are the Devs planning to revamp other TFs like the did the Posi? Most of them are less than fun and are only done for the rewards and accolades (as far as the group I played with is concern). I will give them full marks on the ITF. That's what the TF experience should be like (and I hope the morality missions are of that calibre).

The ITF is a unique experience and you don't see a lot of its elements in other parts of the game. The older TFs seem like a bunch of missions slapped together with a so so storyline. They can be quite awful.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 2:35PM (Unverified) said

As far as the 'hundreds of missions' goes, an official thread on the CoH forum, posted by the developers, specifically said that yes, they mean hundreds of unique pre-written missions. Excluding any auto-generates or anything. And they hinted that the vast majority were for the 1-20 levelling / transitional stuff.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 5:12PM Sam not Spam said

I was under the impression that "tip" missions were morality-based missions that could "tip" you from one alignment to another.

Anyhow - as for COH being repetitive? I think the instanced nature of thing doesn't help, but at the same time it also allows the freedom to put high-level content in a low-level area. Provided there are no associated ambushes there's no danger to the lowby community, and the area doesn't have to be a ghost town... there are reasons for high-level players to show up in early areas.

Most MMO's I've tried have to keep making new areas to push you towards as you've effectively the level range for an area. Its very much, "there's nothing here for you now."

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM