Posted: Jul 6th 2010 6:42PM Uninformed said

Space 1999 became a MMORPG??!! Nice!

When will the nuclear waste site go off so that we can fly the moon to the stars???!!!

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 8:06PM Saker said

I love that show! Sign me up! Better be in the cool neo-deco-ish style from the first season! Martin Landau and Barbara Bain were great!

35th anniversary of the show's debut in 1975... 35 years ago now... Wow...

It's high time for one of WhoreyWoods "remakes"/"re-boots"/re-what-ever's!

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 6:53PM Russell Clarke said

Shall I be first to make the joke about the budget cut quest?

Oh, OK.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 6:54PM Russell Clarke said

I could have made the joke about the only epic gear available being Hawaiian shirts and pocket protectors.

But I didn't.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 10:11PM Yapper said

STEAM? Are they kidding? How about those of us that don't and won't do STEAM?

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 11:36PM Russell Clarke said

"You can download it free of charge at the NASA website or on Steam."

Yeah this sentence is a bit misleading in the article. The NASA website just has a link to Steam. Doesn't look like they host the file directly.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 11:38PM agitatedandroid said

• Half a heart
Well, for those people that can't or won't use Steam you can... I dunno... download it from the NASA website like it says in the f'ing post.

Seriously people, stop being in such a rush to rant and rage against your pet issue that you make yourself look like a boob that can't read.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 12:08AM Russell Clarke said

Uh, Chris, stop being in such a rush to rant and rage against your pet issue that you make yourself look like a boob that can't read.

See my post immediately above yours.

I will use smaller words to help you out:
"No file on NASA site. Link to Steam only."

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 1:46AM (Unverified) said

Why not use Steam?

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 10:27AM Pingles said

I can't speak for anyone else's reason for not using Steam but I lost my account there during a computer change and after a bazillion years of trying to figure out with the Steam folks what happened I ended up never recovering any of the games I had purchased.

Any system that will not allow me to play the games I bought is out.

I'm not going to dump years of cash into them just to find out one day that I can't play those games again.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 3:18PM Joshua Przygocki said

Pingles... That is why you are supposed to remember your password. I use Steam on my laptop and desktop, and when my laptop crashed, I put Steam back on it after it got fixed. All my games still there, attached to my account, until valve blows it up.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 8:24PM oxlar said

Ok, so I guess no NASA jokes allowed on this form?!?!?!?

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 8:34PM (Unverified) said

Well, there has been a game called Moon Base made my "Maidmarian", for quite a while now; http://www.maidmarian.com/ , and it's online. I've played it back in da' days, and you just wander about on the moon in 3D.

Can they like.. can they like sue Nasa? Or did Nasa invent the moon? Wait, don't answer that, it'll trip me out.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 8:44PM (Unverified) said

Heh heh...

I was waiting for Alan to swoop in piloting an Eagle, ready to save the day...

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 1:24AM Crode said

Can I get Richard Garriot to fund my moon base?

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 4:50AM Daemodand said

Another WoW clone!

Just kidding! :p

I'm really excited about this. A fully stocked equipment shed? Sign me up!

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 7:39AM (Unverified) said

They have a FPS game created by the government called America's Army also found on steam so why not right?

Anything that gets more interest in the space program and a return to the moon is a good idea in my book.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 1:50PM (Unverified) said

I dunno if any of you remember this post ---> http://www.massively.com/2010/02/06/massivelys-mystery-beta-key-giveaway/

But basically this is the game they were giving away keys for.

Having won a key I can tell you you do not want to play this game unless you dislike fun. I am sure everyone has their own oppinions on it but basically the game is hyper realistic in boring areas (moving is slowwww) and just uninteresting in the bits that they could have done more with.

Improvements could have been made but the game was pretty bad last time I launched the beta/alpha/no point in releasing it phase I played it in.

Really - don't get your hopes up, rebuilding stuff on the moon is boring, time consuming and not as fun as jumping around on the moon should be.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014