Posted: Jul 6th 2010 2:52PM Seffrid said

***This space reserved for Deadalon's criticism of Craig Morrison's responses****

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 3:34PM (Unverified) said

roflmao

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 2:56PM arodriguezc said

nice on! does he even play the game?

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 2:59PM Daverator said

I think more than any other item, "XP Potions" far and away scream to me that a cash shop is a cash grab, it is saying "Leveling is boring" and rewards the game creators for making you be less than fully entertained while leveling. For example, Mass Effect 2, the leveling was entirely secondary, as the missions/story was the entertaining part bringing me back for more.

But maybe thats just me.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 8:20PM mysecretid said

I'm not so sure it matters, thain. here's why ...

The game already gives out "offline levels" on an ongoing basis to all players with characters above level 20.

As such, XP potions are pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, if all someone wants to do is level up as quickly as possible without actually playing through the game content.

All someone has to do is keeping stacking their accumulated offline levels where they want them.

I play AoC pretty regularly, but even I've got something like 12 to 16 offline levels banked already.

I don't use them, but I'm pretty sure they'd level me up faster (and cheaper) than having to buy XP potions in a cash shop.

Just something I thought worth mentioning.

Cheers.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 4:24PM TheJackman said

• Half a heart
cash shop in game is good bye AoC for me... Only Blizzard can get away with that like they only sale pets and mounts first and second all the people I care about on the internet are playing it. Any other game that pulls in a cash store can go $%&&&//

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 8:06PM Nmaster64 said

Well it's good to know you don't have double standards or anything.

Posted: Jul 6th 2010 5:17PM (Unverified) said

I thought you already said you left AoC in a former post?

Anyway, as the article above says and as you can see when you look at the packages that can be "bought", it's more of a "promotional sub" package that you buy, not an itemshop: it's not as if you can buy the items separately, like a horse or armor or whatever, no, you go along with their promotional sub-action, and the set of items is what you get together with getting a month subbed.

Posted: Jul 7th 2010 6:15AM (Unverified) said

I just placed an order for the Rise of the Godslayer retail discs. Do I need to have the original discs as well or does RotG have the original game in it? In other words, do I need the original game installed on my system before installing RotG?

Posted: Jul 8th 2010 8:17PM Jef Reahard said

Sorry for the delayed response. You probably figured it out already but the Godslayer retail package comes with the complete original game, just install and patch it (2.0.5 should be current) and you're good.

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story