Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 8:35AM Haldurson said

I used to play mmos with my best friend from RL. He's really a great guy, who even helped me move, practically saved my life once (truly), was there when my dad died, etc. I'm so incredibly lucky to have him as a friend. But he sometimes drives me crazy in MMOs.

Its not that he is sometimes oblivious to whats going on (I can't tell you how often I've died and waiting for a rez because he didn't realize I was dead). Or that he has little idea of good tactics (he doesn't, but at least he listens). That doesn't bother me. My biggest problem with him is that he often goes AFK without saying a word. I understand he has a family, and responsibilities, and so on. But at least let me know when you are not there so that I don't pull the next group of mobs thinking that we can take them, when only half of us are ready.

Posted: Jul 4th 2010 1:28AM Alpoe said

Simplified version of your comment: My friend goes afk without telling me

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 8:54AM Darkdust said

• 1 heart
Folks who whine when they realize EVE is harsh. Not that I expect everyone will engage in the harshness, but complaining that the game should fundamentally change to suit them makes me crazy. If you don't like it, play something else.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 8:57AM (Unverified) said

The elitists who firmly believe EVE is the best, hardest, and overall greatest game ever made.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 8:58AM (Unverified) said

Not to mention when you tell them you don't like it that it is simply because the game is much too difficult for you, regardless of reality.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 9:04AM Dril said

This. And idiots who think that every MMO should be based on their first MMO because they don't understand that your first MMO will always be your best.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 11:16AM HackJack said

My first MMO was Lineage II and my second one was WoW. I now dislike both and don't like games like those at all.

The first MMO is absolutely not the best. At least to me.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 1:44PM Darkdust said

As a dedicated EVE player, I do make a distinction between "EVE isn't for me" and "EVE should change to fit me". I completely respect the former; not every game will appeal to every player. I do not like the latter, however, any more than WoW players would appreciate my suggestions on how to make EVE more WoW-like.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 9:03AM (Unverified) said

People who go afk without saying anything drives me up the wall as well. Numero Uno though are people who inspect my gear during an instance, claim they also play my class, and lecture me while I'm trying to focus.

If everyone was dying left and right, they have every right to speak up. But if it's a smooth run, I wish they would take their ego elsewhere.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 9:04AM Seffrid said

Any player who sends me an unsolicited invititation to group and won't take 'no' for an answer.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 9:51AM archipelagos said

People who cannot accept that we all like different things. This is the same crowd that want every game to be the same, play the same and offer the same experience. Oh, and to top it all off they think that people with an alternate view are somehow wrong in the head.

I have zero patience for them and would happily ship them all off to the Battle Royale island where they can fight each other to the death for my amusement.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 10:24AM (Unverified) said

People who charge into the fray and die and wonder why you did not charge in with them to die.
People that go afk without a word.
think those to m e are the 2 worst.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 10:48AM (Unverified) said

One word : Jumpers.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 9:59PM Sean D said

Haha. This drives me nuts as well. ADHD. Impatience. A lack of self-control. It's like sitting at the same table with someone who bounces their leg; a nervous twitch that affects everyone nearby. Over and over. Incessantly.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 10:52AM Wisdomandlore said

Someone who uses a clearly broken/inferior build or equipment setup, because they're "roleplaying." I don't care what you do solo, but don't think I'll let you gimp my group.

My favorite example was the WAR/WHM in FFXI who was "roleplaying" the Knight job from FFI (real deep RP material there :p ). Useless as a tank or DPS. I kicked him out then he spammed with a barrage of nasty tells. The stupid/hilarious part is that FFXI comes prebuilt with such a class: the PLD. >_

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 11:33AM Jeromai said

HEAL PLZ

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:24PM Tom in VA said

My biggest frustrations in groups are:

-- People who do not understand the concept of pulling and of respawns.
-- People who break mezzes/sheeps/CC stuns when there are other mobs to take down first.

I was in a LotRO group last night in a tough area, in which 2 guardians (melee tanks) kept running forward (and thereby aggroing still more mobs); they'd also fight in spots where more mobs would respawn to join the ones we were already fighting. The burglar never used his (crowd control) stun even once (though we desperately needed it).

LotRO has the added aggravation of finding a fellowship maneuver that everyone can agree to. I favor the simple ones (red/red/red, etc.), but there was much arguing over what to do and so the result was ... pure crap almost every time. :(

And people wonder why I generally prefer to quest with AI/pets than other players. Sheesh.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 9:18PM mysecretid said

@Tom RE: LotRO Fellowship Maneuvers

As one of the devs themselves said, "When in doubt, choose Red".

You won't get the optimal effect every time, but if you implement the Red Rule in pick-up groups, you'll get a useful effect almost every time, without having to lead uncertain players to their choices.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:26PM Daemodand said

Build nazis. It's my 15, I'll build the way I want.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:54PM Macabre 13 said

People who always bash WoW clones and claim they want "innovation", yet when a new game is announced, they have the same laundry-list of wants from the game:

What about mounts?
What about player housing?
Will there be an auction house?
What's level cap?
How will crafting work?
World PvP or Battlegrounds?
Can I solo?
Who will tank, who will heal?
Can I DPS with my healer?
What about raids, and how many people?
etc.

Pro tip: if you want innovation, stop clamoring for MMO staples...