Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 11:23PM (Unverified) said

limited content, but its a good, right direction and has alot of promise to it. 95% sure the content released on the test server still has awhile to go and is mostly just a taste since Hi-rez had been unusually quiet to their player base for a bit, but as always they've pulled through and delivered. I'm quite pleased and impressed and in an industry with far too many out of touch developers its a great treat to see.

Posted: Jul 4th 2010 4:15AM (Unverified) said

I really like what they did on test server. Hopefully there'll be more high level open PvE content in the future.

"persistent PvE zone" and "persistent defense raid" -- I don't understand what's persistent about that. Defense is just another instanced match type. Both are great but I can't see the persistence in them.

Posted: Jul 4th 2010 6:59AM HackJack said

I would give money to Hi-Rez just because they use their brains and know HOW to adapt! Unfortunately I don't have money to spare atm -_-

Posted: Jul 4th 2010 7:29AM (Unverified) said

The zone is 5-15, but still provides a challenge for higher levels. I spent a while running around there with some level 40-50 players, and we were still getting our health knocked down a lot. The instanced quests attached have some new bosses including a guy with a missile shooting flamethrower.

Theres 3 defense raid misions that pop up every so often, with an alarm going off in dome city to warn you (all of the interior monitors change to show mob blueprints and such, a nice touch). Ive only tested 2 of the 3, but theyre great fun and a nice 10 man element to normal pve.

Hopefully theyll add a little more group content out in the desert and polish what they already have, but so far its looking great. A nice introduction to the game for newbies, and a distraction for higher levels to play in instead of standing around in the dome city 'lobby' waiting for missions to start.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM