Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 2:03PM Betel said

"Riiight, FF14 looks exactly like FF11 with better visuals. There is nothing innovative about it at all. They could have done what they normally do with the franchise and tell a different story with different characters but they had to go and continue the same tired story from FF11 and bring along the same tired gameplay to boot."

Riiiiight, WoW looks exactly like WC3 with better visuals. There is nothing innovative about it at all. Even the story is same, they didn't even bother changing the universe and lore.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 2:49PM Valdur said

I have been following TERA and GW2 for quite some time and both games are innovative.GW2 is already a winner for me.The game that grab my attention during E3 was Rift :Planes of Telara.This game looks very promising and the multiclass possibities are interesting.

My greatest let down is SWTOR,no matter how many times my friends and guildies are telling me,it's Bioware,It's Star Wars! The game just doesn't do it for me.

Cataclysm?it's been a long time since WoW is dead for me so Blizzard will not get my money.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 3:05PM Samael said

I am a little behind on MMO stories, but I could not gather much from a few websites that I have visited. Everyone seems really excited about GW2. Having never played GW, I cannot grasp why it is such a big deal. That is not saying that anything is wrong with GW or GW2. It is just my lack of knowledge that does not permit me to be excited.

That is the exact reason why I would like to ask you guys to enlighten me as to the merits of GW2. Please let me know why is this game going to be so awesome. The only thing I know about this game is that there is no monthly fee and that it is awesome. Call me ignorant, but I am trying to learn.

As for expectations, I am looking forward for TERA and SWTOR. Cautious about TERA, but am really hopeful for TOR. People can call it "WoW in space" all they want, but something does not have to be extremely innovative to be good, and BioWare can deliver awesome games, that are not overtly innovative, but everything works really well. So I am hopeful for that.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 3:40PM Samael said

That does sound really good. How are they managing to give each player the ability to change the world? If one player does it, then does it not mean that no other can do it? Or is the world heavily instanced for this to happen?

But the quest without quests thing sounds really good. Maybe I will look into GW2 when it comes out and give it a try and see if I like it.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 3:48PM Samael said

I am more wary of F2P games than sub games. I like sub games, not a fan at all of F2P games in the least bit. Item shops scare me and I do not like them at all, and I do not like the idea of a game that is designed so that people spend money in a item shop. All in all not a fan of F2P games. And also hate the fact that everyone and their mother seems to be aiming for F2P, and not giving the players choice. F2P is not choice, where is my pay to get everything in the game choice? Everyone says how F2P gives the players more choices and control, but I would like the choice of paying one fee for everything the game has to offer and if it is on a recurring basis, then so be it. And I am willing to take a price hike on the sub price as well. But you will not see developers offer me any choice.

As for TOR, well as I said, BioWare for me is the best thing since sliced bread, and they have never ever let me down in any aspect. And I think that SWTOR will be an amazing game for me. If they offer it, I am snagging a LT sub the moment they announce it.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 5:23PM Betel said

"I'm not sure what Warcraft 3 is like, but the comment you quoted actually does seem to be a valid comparison.
I haven't noticed a difference between those two games, from the perspective of someone who has never tried either. Final Fantasy games lately have seemed to be fairly similar and not very innovative."

The series is actually the most innovative franchise out there right now =/ Which is also why fans hate SE because of it. SE changes "too much" and "should do what they did before instead of trying out these new concepts".

But the 2 MMO's do not play similarly at all, heh. Only the visuals and controls are pretty much the same. Rest is different, pretty much.