Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 9:26PM (Unverified) said

Im pretty sure this isn't an MMO at all, this is basically like any other MH game but with a large central hub instead of the small personal hubs from the other titles in the series. The game still is just 4 people going after the baddies at a time.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 9:45PM OldBoy said

• Half a heart
Why, so they [S/E] can make another crap port of their next FF MMO that they'll also know all along crashes in any "massively multiplayer" event (such as Besieged and Campaign), robbing you of any credit for participation, and won't ever do anything to fix?

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 10:11PM Dblade said

Monster Hunter is Capcom, not Square-Enix.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 3:17PM OldBoy said

I guess I was wrong to assume that readers of an MMO news site would know just how poor the Xbox port of FFXI was (pretty, but plays worse than the version made for the console a generation behind it)—and to assume that they would also read the last line of the article, which is obviously a reference to the still-unknown status of XIV for 360.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 3:42PM Pingles said

You are correct. We are all a bunch of idiots. Could you use smaller words next time? The big words confuse and scare us.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 10:42PM Yoh said

I'm actually eagerly awaiting this game to be ported.
I own Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP, and I don't think I've ever had as much frustrating fun in a game, least of all a single player game. (for the most part)

And while I can see some problems in an MMO version, I still think it would do rather well in the west.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:12AM Addfwyn said

It's not so much that gamers here hate american made consoles, it's that they generally dislike the types of games that are prominent on the XBox (FPS for instance). If companies actually make games that cater to a Japanese audience (like this) then they are successful.

Shouldn't be that surprising, you have to target the games you make to the audience you're trying to sell to.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 2:23AM Huey2k2 said

You're implying that there is a vast difference between the kind of games that appear on the 360 and the PS3.

Newsflash: There isn't.

As someone who owns all 3 major consoles I can tell you the only console with games that are a lot different is the Wii, and that's mostly because the Wii has motion controls.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 2:32AM Addfwyn said

There is, here at least, a lot of the really really japanese games don't bother getting ported over though. Additionally games like FFXIII are huge sellers (and it wasn't released on 360 here). Whereas the more western games on the PS3 do as poorly here as the 360 titles. It has nothing to do with the consoles themselves, or who makes them.

Of course, the PSP and DS remain dominant here over any of the consoles.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 6:01AM (Unverified) said

I will buy this, I will plug this game in, I will go unconscious.