Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 9:42PM (Unverified) said

Do away with the story, I says. The video shows a "breach droid", right? Well then let me command some!

Better yet, I want to be onboard a guild-controlled Star Destroyer that actually conducts raids into rebel space. Complete with TIE fighters, Interdiction ships...

and *then* when our target is immobilized, THEN we use the breach droids and go to "ground mode" as shown in the video. I'll be able to make my OWN grand stories.

Pretty Please?

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 1:06PM Daemodand said

1. Immobilize target
2. Launch Breach Droids
3. Profit

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 9:49PM Laephis said

I kinda like the idea of certain classes having to tank certain enemies. One-size-fits-all tanks are pretty boring.

Sadly, that was the most interesting thing I found about that video.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 10:23PM (Unverified) said

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, that looked awful. What are they doing? Don't f this up please.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 10:53PM (Unverified) said

Wow.. this seemed... underwhelming to me.

Why on earth did they choose an unveiling demo video that didn't have any new features over any game in the past ten years?

If you wanted to play a cookie-cutter vanilla mmo, wouldn't you just play an established one? This is just World of Star Warcraft, except worse. No instant respects, no expansions. The graphics look a bit like lego starwars, too.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 11:32PM RogueJedi86 said

WoW wasn't established in a day. It didn't have 10 million players on Day 1. Why did people play it and not an established MMO like EQ? And when EQ launched, why did people play it and not an established MMO like Ultima Online?

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 10:58PM (Unverified) said

Ugh. BioWare's conception of an MMO could not be more stereotypical. They have the keys to a great franchise here, yet they choose do do almost nothing at all interesting or fresh with it. Not interested.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 11:05PM Samael said

You cannot please everyone.

For the people that were expecting the second coming of Christ, I am sorry you guys are disappointed.

For everyone screaming about the holy trinity, go look at Champions Online, and their "you are free to do whatever you wish system, there are no restrictions," let me know how that works out for you.

Jumping to conclusions is fun isnt it?

For every player that says "OMG FAIL!!!" I am sure that there will be at least 2 others that will be enjoying the game while everyone grumbles.

To the grumblers and the people who think that this game is the greatest fail in the entirety of the known MMO universe, please tell me how you would have made it different? Give every class every ability?

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 1:13PM Daemodand said

Champions is just a bad game. City of Heroes (and especially City of Villains) broke out of the trinity very successfully. It CAN be done. It HAS been done.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 11:42PM Samael said

I don't know what CoH you were playing, but in the one I was playing, for TFs or hell any sort of group mishes, we needed a Tank, a DPS and a healer. So no they did not break out of the holy trinity.

So no it was not done in CoH. So please give me one game where it has been done successfully. As I said, CO is the only one you will find, and guess what the open system also gets people into roles, just those roles are ill defined and people just wander around aimlessly.

Posted: Jul 5th 2010 8:20AM Snichy said

Truth is no one knows what it is going to be like, so it is all speculation and there will always be people who can say with 100% that a game will be great/awful (delete as applicable) without having one shred of actual evidence to back it up.

"Give every class every ability?" I would have hoped for something like The Secret Worlds skill system where everyone can get every ability in time and with enough effort, but only has a choice of a few at any given time.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 11:14PM (Unverified) said

i wish the video resolution was higher than 360p

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 11:34PM RogueJedi86 said

The high quality download comes Monday, they already said so. International versions and downloadable ones(with high quality) usually come Monday. Patience young Padawan.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 11:26PM wjowski said

...What exactly were people expecting? The original KOTOR games followed a very RPGesque formula in terms of combat. Of course it's going to resemble most MMOs.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 11:37PM (Unverified) said

You know, after reading all the comments here, I am now thoroughly convinced that people that play MMOs are made of absolute and complete fail. Totally serious about that. Back when BioWare was pushing story and companion characters and stuff like that, which you usually don't find in any MMOs, everyone said "Oh this game will suck. It's just a single-player game. Where is the MMO part? I may as well just play a single-player game and be done with it."

Then when they come out and begin to emphasize the traditional MMO aspects of the game (which is in direct response to everyone crying about it just being a single-player game) these same people now criticize it for being "Just WoW in space with a few cutscenes." Yet when BioWare highlights the non-traditional MMO aspects which are in fact innovative for the genre, people cry it's just a single-player game.

Unfreakingbelievable.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:17AM Darkdust said

The fallacy in your argument lies in your assumption that the same individuals complain in both scenarios.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:30AM Monkey D Luffy said

• Half a heart
Actually i have yet to see or hear about a real MMO part to this game.

From what has been released so far looks more like a Guild Wars, Phantasy Star Co-op Multiplayer Online WoW wana be.

It lacks any of the epicness of KotOR I & II.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 9:14AM (Unverified) said

Thank you, I couldn't have said it any better. I love how people are already calling it a failure when it's still almost a year out.I'm sure we'll see these same people at launch

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:00AM The Other Chris said

WoW, that was actually quite disappointing. I wish them the best of luck, but I'm looking for something that *Isn't* EQ/WoW. 11 year old game is old.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 12:35AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
And the minute anyone does, you'll be on here or somewhere else saying "This doesn't seem like an MMO at all!"

You know I'm right.