Posted: Jul 1st 2010 10:22AM (Unverified) said

AFAIK the closed beta ended last night, not tonight.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 10:25AM Jef Reahard said

You're right, corrected the text. Thanks.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 10:28AM (Unverified) said

I tried it out thanks to a key from here and it is a pretty good game. I didn't think that a racing mmo made much sense but it comes across rather well, though I am glad it is going the f2p route.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 10:30AM (Unverified) said

I thoroughly enjoyed my brief experience with the game. I hope there are more customizable customization options (not sure if there is an NDA, but, "performance packages" instead of true customization).

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 10:50AM Renko said

These guys remembered a key component that many other recent MMO developers have tended to forget, their game is actually fun to play!

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 11:40AM (Unverified) said

I agree completely that it is fun at it's core. I do hope that they add more options, tracks and different things the police do when chasing you.

As long as they keep what they have and add to it, I can see this being a very good game that could open other companies eyes to a more diverse style of MMO entertainment.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 12:29PM WonderPenguin said

I really had fun playing the CB thanks to the key I got here at Massively. I was incredibly impressed with the graphics and the world in general. I spun around the city doing races for a while, then decided to jump on a highway and see where it took me. After about 25 minutes of random cruising, I ended up doing donuts on the 18th hole of a golf course with the cops chasing me all the way. Really brought me back to the good ole days of the original Hot Pursuit!

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 1:13PM (Unverified) said

Well at the risk of making a very awful pun, its easy to step into and have fun right away. Bonis points for having a Dodge available so soon into the game. Still needs a bit of tweaking, but if you are into racing games and want a persistent world you could do far worse.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 1:19PM (Unverified) said

Agreeing with everyone else, I think this game should do very well. Thanks for the beta keycode Massively & EA.

WRUP: WildStar's sadface