Posted: Jul 1st 2010 4:36PM Arkanaloth said

interesting.. hard to say given the timeline of "Ghosts..." but I may have found the first book in a long time I actually want to pick up and relax with.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 5:09PM (Unverified) said

I hope there will be a necromancer class. The only problem I see is that this is set somewhere between GW and GW2. This book may give the lore for there not being a necro in GW2.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 5:31PM (Unverified) said

I doubt the exclusion of the necromancer class, or it would have to happen in less than 20 years or so. We don't know how old Dougal is, but the Sylvari are just a bit older as a race. Knowing that, banning necromancy from all the races in a small time period of about 10~20 years seems strange.
Still, I might want to pick this up :)

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 7:32PM yeppers said

Main Entry: krewe
Pronunciation: \ˈkrü\
Function: noun
Etymology: alteration of crew
Date: 1936
: a private organization staging festivities (as parades) during Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

This kind of thing bugs me. Why didn't the writer just use "crew"?

Posted: Jul 3rd 2010 4:48PM yeppers said

Darn. I was hoping the book would standalone from the video game. Is one of the authors a pseudonym of Uwe Bol?

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 5:37AM Tanith said

Because that's what the Asura call them: "krewes".

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 8:15AM Ocho said

The game can take as much time as it wants to come out. Really. We want that thing sparkling and polished. The book, though, needs to come out ASAP. I'm leaving for vacation in a week and need a good read to take along! C'mon! Release faster!

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 12:39PM (Unverified) said

I will doubt this mostly because they have stated that the books will involve barely any mention of gameplay. since well its set to be a fantasy novel and not a strategy guide. He is allowed to include all 10 of GW1's classes and the new ones in GW2. Since the books are only going to add to lore I wouldn't take it to seriously.