Posted: Jun 30th 2010 10:55AM Unverfied B said

"We don't want our monetisation stuff to offer ways to skip the game because the game is boring"

If more developers thought that way maybe today F2P market wouldn't look like a steaming pile of goo that much....

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 11:47AM Noodles In Soup said

If more developers thought that way then there wouldn't be many F2P games.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 12:37PM BigAndShiny said

fair point, they have to make money though. I am open to change, but the fact is, most people spend more than $15 a month on microtransactions.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 12:06PM FOI said

I just fired up Steam to check on my Torchlight playtime and it's 58 hours played. And that's only since they've actually been tracking playtime.

This MMO will devour my time and I'll love every minute of it.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 12:47PM (Unverified) said

I have faith in Runic they will devliver a very good game. These guys know how to make fun games.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 9:36PM wjowski said

That's not what you people were saying when they brought out Hellgate...

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 2:22PM Tom in VA said

I hope the Torchlight MMO...

-- adds better class/avatar customizability
-- also permits dungeon soloing (perhaps through scaling?)
-- offers more flexibility regarding rotating the camera angle
-- makes at least a passing attempt at building some story/lore

I enjoyed Torchlight but found it a tad tedious and uninvolving. It was difficult to play it for very long without getting bored.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 4:00PM VioletArrows said

I need to finish my copy, I got 2/3rds of the way through and then a whole bunch of other games found their way on my hard drive and 360.

If anyone hasn't played it yet, it's on sale today for $5 on Steam. Sort of annoyed since I paid $10 2 months ago. :/

Will definitely play the MMO when it comes out.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 5:19PM Daemodand said

Ima keep my eye on this because if it's one thing I hate about MMOs it's forced grouping. I'll group if I feel like it, but I'm a pretty hard core soloist and get nerdrage if I'm forced to group up against my will.

And I don't mind microtrans, so long as the game is F2P, and the cash shop has fun things like appearance items, mounts and pets (and none of the cs items are required to play).

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 6:48PM cray said

I just bought the single player version on Steam, lots of fun.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 9:29PM karnisov said

its a fun game. it gets a little repetitive but if its a f2p mmo there is no pressure to spend all day glued to it to "get your money's worth".

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 12:46AM (Unverified) said

There guys did notwork on Hellgate. They worked on Mythos. They was part of the same company but different project.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM