Posted: Jun 30th 2010 9:05PM (Unverified) said

They're merging the markets? Screw the rest of the news, that one is the most interesting right there! I'd be excited if I still played.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 10:14PM UnSub said

Yep, merging the markets and making all the currency fully transferable.

It is the sensible thing to do, but does little to fix the overall problems facing the the CoH/V market (e.g. mudflation, lack of transparency, some items are currently priced at the inf cap of 2 billion).

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 3:06AM (Unverified) said

Inflation got that bad while I was gone huh. When I quit the rarest pvp ios were priced rather high around 300-400 mil, but there was no inf capped crap. That makes me kind of sad.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 10:25PM Sam not Spam said

Lot of nice bits here and there - certainly some answers gained and new questions made! I'm hoping the marketing team does more in the coming weeks - get some real momentum going.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 10:54PM Superfan said

The market merge is huge but what else is there? There needs to be a lot more. I just hope the missions are NOT like what they have now. I also hope the side switching missions don't get tired and old like having to go through the midnighter's arc to get into Cim.

I also wonder if they have any big news left about GR. Did they hint at all aspects or is there another large element left as a total surprise. One would suspect the latter but we'll see. I ordered GR and will renew my sub. in Aug. It will quickly stop my sub. if the expansion fails to deliver.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 11:48PM eyeball2452 said

I would say the same thing, but I remember the game being a grind. I did a ton of alts through about 30 or so, but after a while the missions got pretty dull. I did a couple of days during the free double-ex weekend a while back, but ran into the same problem. It was fun to meet new people, but we were basically just blowing through radio missions.

I loved my time in CoH ... the first few levels in Atlas park were so much fun just from beating up random bad guys on the street. Also, getting SJ at level 15 was one of the coolest MMO moments ever.

However, the missions were pretty weak. Thinking back, maybe Paragon could've solved the block of text problem by doing comic book style conversations instead, kinda like the mechanic that Max Payne used to bridge levels. I probably won't be back, but I constantly cite CoH as an example of features that I would have loved to have seen translated into the newer MMOs out there.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 2:31AM Daemodand said

CoH is one of the most solid MMOs on the market, I hope GR works out great for them because the devs are amazing and the player community is amazing. It's the best game people aren't playing.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 7:43AM starka1 said

Thank you eyeball2452. I'm glad someone else thinks they should spice up the presentation of mission text. I've suggested in the past that they do it comic book format where you could have some generic pictures and flip through a virtual comic book. Anything but its bland look now. After the first 6 months, I stopped reading it even when new content came out.

They addressed one of my pet peeves a little bit though. They added some more environmental sounds but still need to take it further with more varied music and some battle music when you start a fight(optional of course).

I'm surprised you mentioned Max Payne as well because that is a game that I reference when I talk about the feeling of immersion in an environment. No other game quite gave me the sense of a different world like Max Payne. We think alike.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 12:30PM (Unverified) said

Looks like I'll have a lot of new stuff to explore when i go back to CoH in the Fall.