Posted: Jun 30th 2010 5:27PM mode7overworld said

Sounds swell.

Having been burnt out on WoW and trying out LoTRO, I've really come to appreciate and even need some more extracurricular activites in MMOs. I'm amped.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 5:36PM (Unverified) said

It's nice to see activities like theses for guildwars 2.
Altought i'm very eager to see more information on that shooting game, I have a question.
Since it was mentioned that players could play a set of instruments, will it be the same sounds over and over again or is it possible to make your own music sheet and play it as it is with your instrument in GW2?
Unless there's something else behind that

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 5:36PM (Unverified) said

I laughed, I cried, I preordered.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 6:16PM TheJackman said

I am sorry for all other upcoming MMOs but it sounds like GW2 may be the game that will change the World of MMOs forever by offer so much that it make even the more big 15 dollar a month mmo look bad!

However time will tell if this game will be the game the developers are talking about! It will not be the first time that half of a game get cut for a quick release...

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 9:02PM Dandmcd said

Is there anything this game can't do? I am simply amazed about all the ideas and features they are throwing into GW2, it is stunning if they will ever be able to release this game in 2011 with such ambitious ideas.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 9:12PM (Unverified) said

Minigames are good. I like minigames. More and more this game seems like THE mmo I'm going to be playing. If it ends up the only mmo I play, I'll be more than happy to buy cash shop items to support the game too, not that they'll need it.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 10:01PM thedude657 said

I used to make fun of guild wars but I cant wait to play gw2. Looks like its going to be a great game. With all the awesome mmo's coming out its going to be hard to make up my mind on which ones to play.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 2:56AM (Unverified) said

After being disappointed time and time again, this is the only MMO I am waiting to play.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 4:31AM (Unverified) said

GW2 looks great for now. This could be the next generation mmo. I'll surely play to see how it goes, that's for sure.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 8:37AM Ocho said

I will buy this on day 1. I really can't wait for it, but one thing I also truly appreciate is that they are Really taking their time. If its one thing about NCSoft, and especially for their best MMO, its that you know they won't release it until it is good and ready.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 8:52AM Ocho said

Bah! I meant ArenaNet...

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 1:21PM Tom in VA said

To be honest, the minigames introduced in Guild Wars Eye of the North were a total bust, in my opinion. There was a dueling/brawl type activity and a Pokemon-like game and a couple of other things, none of which I thought was very fun.

I don't begrudge players who like this kind of thing; the only way it irks me (a little) is that it takes development time away from the core of the game, the meat and potatoes of questing, combat, and exploration -- and that's what I like and am looking for -- I am most definitely not interested in "minigames".

This is basically how I feel about all the seasonal stuff and the Darkmoon Fair (in WoW) and all similar types of "fluff" that MMOs throw into their games to keep people happy, busy, and occupied.

The travel feature sure sounds nice, though. I absolutely *hate* the tedious travel system of LotRO, the game I'm currently playing. ArenaNet doesn't penalize players who need to move around the way other games do. I really appreciate that.