Posted: Jun 30th 2010 7:10PM TheJackman said

Nice I just did cancel my WoW account and looking into this game...

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 7:55PM Seffrid said

Thanks for the update, Jef.

Anyone know if the new level 80 quests that have been added are solo or group?

I'd only got my ranger to level 6 so I've dusted her down and will be checking out the changes with interest.

Posted: Jun 30th 2010 10:27PM (Unverified) said

Did they fix all the exploits with this patch or is banning people still the fix?

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 10:25AM mode7overworld said

I've been reviewing AoC from a new player's perspective for the past couple weeks, and folks didn't seem to mind me plugging my own articles last time, so take a gander at:

and

Like I said, it's from a new player's perspective so it's likely to be more helpful to somebody who is thinking about picking it up new, or somebody who quit playing shortly after release.

I think AoC is pretty darn fun. I haven't experienced any of the dreaded gaps in content, and have found the community to be a LOT nicer and more open than in my primary MMO, WoW.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 10:26AM mode7overworld said

Bah. Foiled by the comments system. Was meant to respond to the comments below.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 5:21AM spamero said

If you are looking into this game.. read the official forums.
This will give you the idea of the game from other perspective then PR crap.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 8:21AM Misterlee said

Actually I wouldn't read the forums of any MMO to get an idea of how the game is. The only people that post on forums tend to be those that have a problem or those that just want to bitch and moan about whatever.

Better to read some articles like the ones here on Massively to get an idea about what's been happening recently.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 9:53AM Birk said

Yeah...AoC forums are garbage. The game is damn good, play it and find out.

Posted: Jul 1st 2010 11:24AM Heraclea said

I had put levelling my ranger on hold when I learned that this major change was in the works. On returning to her, she seems improved, at least in PvE, which is all I really care about anyways.

The ability to use feats from the former crossbow tree (Waylayer) with a bow is quite nice. So far, the character's DPS seems better than before.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 11:34AM (Unverified) said

Played the game at launch, liked it, but thought I would come back later (was still playing EQ2). Now since the new expansion is out, has the game gotten better?