Posted: Jun 28th 2010 10:53AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
How about fixing the terrible Ranger animation for "Rear Shot". Here you shoot the enemy with your shield or knife....so lame. What's even lamer is this has been like this since launch. This will probably be greyed out but not sure why massivley does that.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 10:59AM (Unverified) said

Massively doesn't do it, other commenters who think your comment is pointless vote it down, which ends up doing it.

If I had a choice between more logical skill progression and a single animation working properly, I'd take better skill balancing. Luckily for me programming and game development doesn't work that way. The people that work on animations/art arn't the people that work on skills/balancing/mechanics.

So this is about on par with saying, "the music is bad in this zone, the programmers need to fix it."

That's why I am about to vote your comment down.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:05AM Jef Reahard said

Ruffian is correct, we don't do anything relating to the comments unless they're just completely vulgar (in which case we usually still let them stand with a bit of sanitizing by our editors). Grey-outs happen when you're modded down by fellow commenters.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:31AM Khalus said

• 1 heart
Appears to me to be the beginning of another NGE, where SOE thinks they know what they're doing and forcing us to play a specific way. Come on really, nobody ever groups before lvl 15 thus there shouldn't be abilities that allow effective grouping anymore before then...sheesh

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:40AM Saker said

I remember grouping below 15. People don't always group because they "have to". Something that increasingly seems to be lost on the players. They're called "massively multiplayer" there's a social element involved... I often group because it's just plain more enjoyable then soloing. If I wanted to play a single player game then I would. As to the above poster russ2385 comments, I see no reason not to comment on a animation issue, it's a perfectly legitimate issue.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:42AM (Unverified) said

Welcome the changes.

Would welcome them more if they were accompanied by a rewrite of the damn engine so it didnt suck so bad.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:44AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Ahhhh ok thanks for clearing that up. Ohhh but to the animation issue Ruffian it's not just Rear Shot it's a ton of them and they all have been broken since launch. So to me that shows a lack of either knowledge on animations or they just don't care. Animations may not mean much to you but for a lot of folks they can make or break a game.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:59AM Seffrid said

I've never had a problem with the game engine, but I do have a problem with the constant changing of core design features. Just how many more runs at the skill/ability list do the devs really think they need?

Some of the changes make sense, like switching the fighters' closing HO move from a taunt to an attacking ability but for the most part it's just another attempt to dumb down the game some more in order to try and generate some more interest by making the game more like WoW, when what is actually needed to bring players in is to make it less like WoW.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 12:11PM (Unverified) said

@Seffrid actually what is needed is to stop comparing it to WoW, so sick and tired of hearing EQ2 players bash Wow and say how easy it is, none of who can link hard mode achievements to back it up.

Yes, WoW is easy, so is EQ2 as last night I 9 man'd some CURRENT TIER x4 content. Are you serious? First few names in labs can be done by less than 2 groups? I've only been 90 less than 2 weeks and already we are 9 manning content designed for 24 people. Couple that with the fact that it took me less than a week to get to 90 and both EQ2 and WoW are just as simple and easy.

If both are simple and easy, at least WoW plays well on just about any PC with a reasonable level of detail. EQ2's engine is just sad.

All that aside, EQ2 is the best PVE game I've played, the mechanics feel less like they have been butchered to support Arena/PVP sadness. Plus WoW's taning mechanics were designed by retarded monkeys. Rage, really? How many years and they STILL can't get it right... they even admit it's broken.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 2:08PM Egobrane said

The problem with saying WoW is difficult because of one or two hard mode fights is that it would be like saying Splinter Cell conviction is an incredibly difficult game if there was an optional boss you dont need to fight and could put on a super high-overtuned difficulty. That doesn't change the fact that the rest of the game is easy as hell.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 2:20PM (Unverified) said

It's no easier than EQ2 is, or any of the other games that are popular.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 12:26PM zhris said

EQ2 is like the hot ex-girlfriend who just happened to be insane; I know I'll never go back, but I still can't stop reading about it...

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 5:39PM (Unverified) said

Seriously. The pay to play for a weekend thing though... Thats just so tempting.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM