Posted: Jun 27th 2010 2:13PM dudes said

• 1 heart
And then the F2P LOLshire folk arrived...

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 4:19PM (Unverified) said

It already went f2p? thought that was in the fall

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 5:36AM dudes said

Talking in the future tense.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 4:21PM (Unverified) said

It already went f2p? thought that was in the fall

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 4:36PM jimr9999us said

Landroval will be the saddest causality in the on-going attempts of small and mid-sized mmog's to find a profitable business model that allows for continuing development.

I admire their courage...I left a week after the f2p announcement unwilling to roll the dice on the community being strong enough, and unable to come to terms with Warner Bros. devaluing the investment I made into my characters.

Circle the wagons Landroval! I hope a year from now my assumptions have been proven simply ignorant.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 6:05PM (Unverified) said

Good to see you are doing your part to help keep the community strong... um.. oh wait, you aren't, you ran away to hide. Oh no, the sky is falling! We're all doomed, doomed I say! :)

Luckily others are staying and working on keeping the community together, by welcoming new people (like me) and helping them become part of said community.

I've just rolled a bunch of characters on Landroval (not sure which will be my main yet, but having fun with a hobbit warden). Everyone seems very friendly and I'm having a good time. Also studying up a bit and refreshing my Tolkien knowledge. Came up with some really good names that fit with the lore, but they were already taken, of course. Looking forward to exploring the game over the next month and very possibly going with a sub depending on how much free time I have by then.

So, let us recap:

Good members of current community already working to help new players and getting ready for when the hybrid model kicks in. CHECK

Doom and gloom elitist snob types throwing hissy fits and quitting. CHECK

New players excited by hybrid model already joining game and having fun. CHECK

Large numbers of people (most of which are likely nice people with the usual few jerks too) looking forward to giving LOTRO a try in the Fall. CHECK

Many interesting LOTRO blogs added to my bookmarks list. CHECK

:D

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 10:13AM Pingles said

Every major patch/change ruins every game.

Or so a percentage of players would have you believe.

The bottom line is that nobody will know until it happens.

The upcoming change will have me returning to LOTRO. I have a variety of characters on Landroval that I have missed.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 7:46PM (Unverified) said

I just started a new character on Landroval myself, it has an amazing community! I got to catch a concert by "Chetwood Mac", a nice cover band, and found a lot of people willing to simply enjoy in-game events. I don't think F2P will ruin this community, it is too strong as it is now to not simply grow with new players interested in this sort of immersion.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 8:37AM Ocho said

Any love for Elendilmir?

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 9:36AM Snorii said

Nice screenshot - love my Landroval community.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014