Posted: Jun 27th 2010 2:17PM Monkey D Luffy said

"It also appears that damage will be applied to various parts of a monster's body, allowing for tricks such as disabling a monster's special attacks via careful targeting."

OMG THAT'S SO COOL!

New combat system FTW!

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 3:01PM (Unverified) said

I applaud you for your One Piece related avatar :)

on a note about this article, interesting info...

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 3:04PM Khaiser Soze said

This combined with the graphics (have you see the Salamander's, omg, great model) is enough for me to be very very happy in the pants.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 3:09PM breezer said

• 1 heart
Trying to think of how many times I've heard that feature was coming in a developing MMO...

A lot.

I vaguely remember one instance where the developer said it was scrapped because it is extremely demanding performance-wise.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 11:26PM ImperialPanda said

I don't think this will be quite what you have in mind.

It will probably simply depend on where you stand when attacking the monster, similar to how FFXI handled it. After all, the game doesn't allow you to actually aim any of your attacks.

It ended up pretty f'ing annoying in some cases, like when you needed to break an imp's horn. Or when you needed to break a mamool's weapon.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 3:13PM Betel said

"FFXIV already has a reputation for having insanely high system requirements (regardless of whether or not that's true), so I can't help but not feel a bit "meh" about them adding this feature, if it even makes it in the game. Which it probably won't. :p"

Whatever feature you're talking about, if we know about it, it's in the game already. SE won't announce features that they're not sure if they'll make it to the game. Which is why they're so secretive about everything.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014