Posted: Jun 27th 2010 9:36PM risk said

i really wish i had the money to buy a new computer to play this game when it came out. I still remember playing its korean open beta and having my computer lag on me just attacking the wolfs outside the human starting zone, and then having a korean come gank me.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 9:37PM risk said

PS. i was 16 when this game came out and was too busy in counter-strike and school to play MMO's

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 10:22PM (Unverified) said

Any news about Lineage III?

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 2:52AM Zontix said

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 10:35PM Rednights said

I played this game through thick and thin, enjoyed it for what it was for around 1 year. Most people played it for the in game politics, as guilds rose to power and soon there after or never crumbled. Top guilds were feared, inner guild drama stirred every day, name calling, relentless ganking all plaqued the higher tier of the game for those who enjoyed the PVP. Not to mention the castle seiging, in both in purpose and what it meant politically for the server. The ever player dynamics kept things entertaining, despite the shady means of guilds doing it.

All the while, the PVE'ing me (as I had rolled a Warlock that had no contribution to the group before they were buffed) settled into a friendly PVE guild. Even though we grouped up and slayed and mindlessly grinded the same room for a while and moved to other hunting grounds when appropriate, I enjoyed pressing my mindless buttons and talking on vent all night long. I'm sure some of you could relate. It was boring yet relaxing at the same time.

Overall though, this games major downfall is/was the farmers, from which the player based both loathed yet used to get ahead in the political and character power scene.

Might be rambly, but I typed this while waiting for the WoW raid to form =)

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 3:28AM (Unverified) said

One of the greatest MMORPG's ever made, destroyed by its own community. They just don't make games like this anymore.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:42AM wjowski said

Thank God.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 5:04AM (Unverified) said

My favorite memory in Lineage II?

Grinding for weeks to gather the parts for a weapon, only to get scammed out of it a few days later. But the real hell was the customer support by NCSoft, who wouldn't and couldn't help with this issue ... Got ganked? Your problem. Got scammed? Your problem. Got lag? It's ... your computer.

And the bots ... don't get me started. There were more bots in L2 than players. And I don't mean players levelling up their chars in an illegal manner, I mean the cute little trains of five to six chars moving in unison, always walking the exact same paths, mowing down mobs over and over again ... and you would find them in exactly the same spot literally months later, no matter how often you reported them.

Sounds familiar? Yea, Aion was the same.

I will never ever be touching a game from NCSoft again, even if it has boobs that spring out of your monitor (I'm looking at you, Blade & Soul).

Posted: Jul 28th 2010 8:13PM (Unverified) said

Wait, what? You got ganked, meaning someone killed you in PVP. Since when it is support's job to punish people who use the PVP system implemented in the game? What exactly were they supposed to do for you after you were ganked? As for scamming, if you handed over items to another player with the promise that they would not take advantage of you, how is that the company's fault? I'm not even going to comment on the lag issue.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 8:36AM (Unverified) said

I was playing L2 during C3 and C4. I had a blast. The grind was fun and I've made great friends, while lurking through ToI for hours, the sieges were amazing with so many people fighting over dominion. The fact that there were no factions but pure clan//alliance politics. Overall graphics are sweet, getting the item you wanted felt like a great achievement and this item made a difference. I quit at around 75 lv with my spellhowler as I didn't have time to grind more, but the time I've spent on this game was not wasted. Great memories.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:28AM (Unverified) said

Lineage 2

They were the best of times, they were the worst of times :)

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 11:38AM Pohtaytoh said

Lineage 1 actually peaked at around 10 million world wide. The majority were in Korea, 100k were in the U.S., the rest scattered around Europe and China.

It was also one of the first few games that dedicated focus to compatibility with Mac.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 12:00PM Valentina said

It was definitely too grindy for me, I was around 14 or something when I started playing this game.

As far as Lineage 3 goes, it was in development a few years ago, but was scrapped in order to go in a new direction with the game. Then the source code was stolen, yadda yadda etc...Now there's TERA :)

The current incarnation of Lineage 3 is unknown, but it supposedly went back into development in January of 2008 or something.

Posted: Jul 30th 2010 7:43PM (Unverified) said

sou viciado por este jogo

Posted: Aug 14th 2010 6:45PM (Unverified) said

este eh o melhor jogo que eu ja joguei na minha vida gosto ate hoje mais nw to conseguindo jogar mais c alguem puder me ajudar meu email eh chinexadriano@gmail.com estou esperando ajuda de alguem

Posted: Aug 12th 2010 5:38PM (Unverified) said

I will love this game for ever.

I played for 5 years and i am sure as hell waiting for it's sequel.