Posted: Jun 26th 2010 8:41AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
This may come as a shock to you but there is another side of the world where it is winter right now...

Anyway, I mostly play the same amount all year round. Except maybe around Christmas and New Year (when it is summer) because I get a few a couple of weeks off work then.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 1:34PM MewmewGrrl said

This may come as a shock to YOU, but this site you are at is in the United States, read mostly by people in North America, and so when they mention summer, it's not something you have to jump and take offense at. It's summer here for us, so we're going to talk about it. Please give us a break.

Anyway, summer means that I play more games. Normally I'm in school most of the day, and now that I have the whole day open, I have a little more time to play. That usually means that I get to play 2 hours instead of 1 tho, it doesn't really jump the time up too much. The only time that changes is when a new game comes out, I will spend up to 4 hours a day playing a new game for a few days (I can't keep up that pace personally tho, I can't just sit there at my PC that much a day).

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 7:13PM Bezza said

Mewmew, it may come as somewhat of a surprise to you to note that there is a world beyond the boarders of lala land (North America)

Ameliorate is mearly expressing the continuous frustration that international mmo players constantly feel when writers, journalists, mmo developers and other players forget that the internet is a global phenonemum. It's not the America wide web after all.

I am sure if you had to deal with the continuous stream of ignorance that international players have to put up with, the COMPLETE LACK of services, the regionalisation and price hickes we face from publishers, the non-existence of game servers, competitions and articles that address the unique perspective of international players you would on occasion feel the need to express your frustration.

Now please show me where on Massivly.com it states that site is soley for North Americal veiwers? I invite you to, please go ahead. And in light of this I also challenge massivly.com to actually run some articles that deal with the gripes and issues that international mmo players deal with regularly.

Perhaps when you have grinded a few levels in our mmo shoes you may come to appreciate the rather privelaged situation you are in.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 12:18PM Enikuo said

@Bezza - Ameliorate was clearly out of line. The author made an appropriate aside to recognize that summer was only in half of the world. And, it's clear the article was prompted by the Steam summer sale, because it IS summer in half the world too.

I can understand you being upset by the assertion that Massively is mostly read by NA players. I agree there's no basis for that. But, in Massively's defense, they do run stories about international gaming - see the recent announcement regarding War in EU or the story about Chinese standards for kids games. And, they doesn't specifically report on the gripes of any region. It's not a serious news site. It's a blog, about games, which are supposed to be fun.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 8:47AM Rubi said

Yep! Hence the comment in the first paragraph: "Summer is here -- for part of the world, anyway."

;-)

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 9:09AM elocke said

Doesn't change at all for me. I may spend more time outside then normal but I still play about the same. I'm an air conditioning junkie as it is and a night owl to top it off, so the sun and I don't get along as it is. I gotta throw on 1000proof sunscreen when I do go out, usually to the pool or on hikes in the Virginia countryside with my kids. Good times. I still squeeze in some time on my favorite hobby though, I'm a gamer to the core. It comes before tv, movies and books now(that could be because the content value of those mediums has dwindled, but that's another story).

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 9:16AM (Unverified) said

4 weeks left until the summer holiday, then my schedule opens up a little...

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 9:29AM Bartlebe said

Don't drop your computer in the water man. That looks pretty dangerous if you ask me.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 10:33AM Daala said

@Ameliorate : Read the full story, and not just the title, then you know Rubi said so in the opening line... Now you make yourself look like a donkey.

Summer wont affect my game time that much this year, its already down to 1 hours a day...

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 12:08PM (Unverified) said

I definitely spend more time outside in the spring and summer, mainly cycling. So less time gaming but I feel the extra physical activity actually improves and enhances my gaming performance. Basically unless it's raining or threatening to, I hit the bike trail for at least two hours or more so that means a little less available time to devote to games.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 4:13PM Georgio said

I hate Steam sales :(. Already have lot of games still not played eneiugh from winter sale. Damn I already spent 50EUR and there are still 8 days of sales left :(. I'll cry looking at my card charges after 4 of July :(

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 5:01PM kooda said

Haven't seen anything i wanted on the steam sales except killing floor but those goes on sale every 8 weeks for some reason anyway so i might grab it from the Xmas sales, if my room gets too hot im off the pc and on the wii/360, i hate summer im happy if its 18C and sunny.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 12:41AM Stormwaltz said

Summer doesn't affect my playing time.

Crunching at work, having the kids stay up until Stupid O'Clock, and buying my first house affect my playing time.