Posted: Jun 26th 2010 9:50AM Wisdomandlore said

This feeds my speculation that Turbine is working on some version of Lord of the Rings Online for consoles. I don't think it'll be a direct port. It would probably be more arcadey, with a bigger focus on PvP and with a playable evil faction. Their hiring of a XBLA developer makes me wonder if it could be something unexpected, though. An XBLA F2P MMO maybe?

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 10:01AM Duulin said

More information will be available soon in the cash shop for 2000 turbine points.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 11:18AM Dril said

I hear you can buy a trait that increases your wit as well; might wanna check that out :)

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 11:23AM Keen and Graev said

I LoL'd . ;)

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 10:36AM blix2006 said

• 1 heart
duulin stop being so ignorant...you wanna run a game completely free then go right ahead...in the mean time..that joke was only funny to you.turbines store is nowhere near as bad as other f2p games.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 11:33AM Zulika said

• 1 heart
Ya, their store is only slightly evil. It;s like being a lil pregnant.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 12:07PM (Unverified) said

Perhaps you didn't notice, but this blog has a 'Reply' feature.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 9:54PM wjowski said

They're selling gameplay-altering items in the shop. It's same transparent greed as Allods, though it's coming from a different direction.

The MMO genre is officially heading towars it's nadir.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 11:54AM (Unverified) said

As opposed to, you know, being fundamentally evil, like making as much money as the market will bear. Who needs real capitalism when we can have a crippled one and then whine when it doesn't work.

I'm hoping it *isn't* LOTRO. In the interest of diversification, it would do Turbine well to flex their IP muscles. I actually find Bioware's Mass Effect IP more compelling than Star Wars, and I'd love to see the same thing happen for Turbine.

On the other hand, I don't play on consoles, so I ought to wish all of this for the appropriate gaming platform.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 12:10PM Samael said

This is exciting....I hope they do what they are doing with their current games, F2P with VIP subs that earn store points, the closest thing to complete choice for the players so far.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 3:05PM Theeinferno said

I was just talking about a console version of DDO with a group in the game last night.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 3:18PM Tom in VA said

"Console" translates to "totally not interested" as far as I am concerned. :/

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 4:05PM TheJackman said

I am happy that I am not the only one that think that way!

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 3:22PM Lionhearted said

Oh, please let it be Harry Potter :P

JK Rowling should really get on this bandwagon. If Wizards 101 can be as successful as its been, imagine what a properly marketed and packaged Harry Potter could be? Given that the WB owns Turbine, it seems reasonable that HP could be given to Turbine, but it's still probably a remote likelihood.

I do agree that a LOTRO game (even if it isn't a direct port) seems likeliest. That said, there's no guarantee that Turbine ever finishes this project, as there have been many other companies that have tried developing console MMOs only to have failed or been thwarted by the console companies.

Posted: Aug 19th 2010 4:23PM Djinn said

I hope its not Harry Potter. I'd be interested in a Harry Potter MMO but I won't play it if its console.

Posted: Jun 28th 2010 10:51AM (Unverified) said

Once upon a time Origin Systems, Inc was working on a Harry Potter MMO. But I was way more excited about the Wing Commander Online project. Sadly, both were canned.

I actually hope that the new console MMO is Asheron's Call related. I think it would translate pretty well to console, considering the faster paced combat of the original game.

Either way, I'm thrilled that we'll have more console choices. I love playing MMOs on my PC and Mac, but I burnt out on FFXI a long time ago. And EQOA is just too small in population with very little development going on.

Why I Play: ArcheAge

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 12:00PM

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM