Posted: Jun 26th 2010 1:30PM (Unverified) said

For someone who was kinda interested in the game but didn't do much research on gameplay or look at many videos....

I think I'll pre-order this after watching. It may be what I've always wanted in a FPS/MMO.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 1:45PM Heyooooo said

Meh. I wanna like this game, but it's really nothing more then a glorified shooter. I can't see myself paying for this, I can get almost the same thing (minus the customization) by playing Saints Row 2 on my 360. For free.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 3:55PM GRT said

I figure by the time I burn through the 50 hours that comes with the game, they will have seen reason and dropped the sub fee anyway.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 4:07PM Unverfied B said

I pre ordered right away after playing in KttC event.

It might be somewhat light on content but gameplay is just way more fun than any (multiplayer) shooter I've ever tried.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 4:43PM alucard3000 said

The only good thing about this game is the customization as far as a shooter goes it is subpar and as far as an mmo it is more of a mog- multiplayer online game nothing warrants the other m that stands for massive and definately doesnt warrant a subscription based fee imho.A one time purchase like GW maybe but a sub fee and only 50 hours of real action time with box purchase I'll pass.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 6:11PM ultimateq said

The early access for the North American Pre-orders started at 9am eastern today. I've played a bit.

I've played the EU beta for a little over 200 hours, and I must say, playing on the proper NA servers with half the latency, it's far more enjoyable. Driving is substantially better, as is everything else.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 6:26PM (Unverified) said

I think the game really is targeted more towards casual players. APB isn't meant to be played like a typical MMORPG where people spend long sessions online. I think the pricing scheme does reflect this fact. There is a subscription for unlimited play, but you can also pay by the hour.

Right now, the content is very thin, but the developers have some ambitious plans for the game. Hopefully the game will do well enough to merit further development. The game itself is a lot of fun, polished and what it does have (customization and gunplay) is very well done.

Posted: Jun 26th 2010 10:31PM ChongShin said

Option of:

1.) Monthly Sub
2.) pre-paid time (similar to a cellphone) that only ticks down in action districts
3.) Sell in-game items for "points" that can be used for action district time.

Other: Social district is entirely free.

There's really no reason for anyone to QQ about a "monthly sub".

APB isn't trying to be a Modern Warfare or whatever. It's trying to be fun. Even with some irritating issues that were present in KTTC it was still quite fun, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.