Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:19PM swarmofcats said

I don't intend to buy APB but if they were to remove monthly fees I think I would reconsider.

TF2, Guild Wars, Starcraft 2, now Global Agenda. These are great investments when you only have to pay a box price to get online multiplayer, new content and updates for life.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:26PM Anticrawl said

Except for content updates and online multiplayer outside of IP Connect there is a fee for Starcraft 2....

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:36PM swarmofcats said

SC2 has no fees outside of the initial purchase price. Right?

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:48PM (Unverified) said

got it on steam after this announcement. I was in beta but didn't buy at release because i didn't feel it justified a monthly fee, this will bring many more people to the game.

Good job High Rez!

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:02PM Kyoji said

This is wonderful news!

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:09PM delphinius81 said

Is the game worth playing anyway? It sounded interesting early on, but I wasn't going to pre-order then cancel just to check out the open beta.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:31PM swarmofcats said

It's awesome as far as shooters go, the combat is top notch and overall the game is very polished.

It's nothing like your typical MMORPGs, though... think of something like Team Fortress 2 meets Tribes meets Tabula Rasa. There is no huge game world or quest hubs to grind through. You just hop into instanced areas to do battle in small scale skirmishes.

That said, it's the best $50 I've spent on any game in recent memory, even more worthwhile now that they aren't limiting content by subscriptions. If you like stuff like Halo or Bioshock or TF2 it's well worth the money. Grab the demo and see for yourself.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:33PM (Unverified) said

Does Global Agenda have PVE elements? I need to check it out..

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:43PM swarmofcats said

Right now all the PVE content consists of instanced complexes where you work your way from the beginning to an end boss, takes about 15 minutes for one mission. The que system works like the WoW dungeon finder where you que and 2-10 minutes later are teleported to the mission. There are missions tuned in various difficulties for solo or groups of up to 4 people.

In the next few months they are adding more "open world" PVE content that is more typical of MMORPGs from the sound of it.

(Yes you need to check it out, ;)

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:58PM Seraphina Brennan said

Their PvE area outside of Dome City looks very cool. It's very much like a traditional MMO area, where you grab quests, kill monsters, get loot and cash.

However, it's still Global Agenda. It's the same jetpacking around (except the area is absolutely huge), the same firefights, and the same third-person shooter with some MMO elements (like skill toggles and talent trees) mixed in.

The AI is pretty smart, the firefights are fun and require dodging/cover, and the combat feels solid. I was very impressed when I got to see Erez running through this stuff at E3, and the game has a very different feel in this desert zone. Very post-apocalyptic. Plus, I didn't even get to see the Commonwealth zone that they're making for high level players yet, and Erez was talking about doing an arctic zone after that!

Of course, we have our previews of it here: http://www.massively.com/2010/06/16/e3-2010-erez-goren-talks-to-massively-about-global-agendas-fut/

Hope that helps.

~Sera

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:05PM Keen and Graev said

Global Agenda has always been a Multiplayer game just like Modern Warfare, Team Fortress 2, or Diablo. Trying to market it as a MMO was wrong. Trying to price it was a MMO was wrong.

This is a right decision. However, it's also too late. Had it been priced, marketed, and just designed properly for what they're now realizing their game is right from the beginning then it would have been more than a flash in the pan.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:27PM swarmofcats said

You say too late, I say perfect timing. I'm more excited for the game now than I was yesterday. (And I've been really psyched about the game.)

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:27PM karnisov said

i think it might pick up a FEW more players now. the price point this weekend isn't bad with no sub to worry about now.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:19PM tythimo said

I was very happy to hear this change in their business plan.

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 12:24AM (Unverified) said

Watch, they change it back ;) :P

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 12:39AM Super Nerd said

Noooooo! After I've spent all my money on other Steam deals.. this appears.

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 1:16AM Enikuo said

No kidding! I'm in the same boat.

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 2:20AM Addfwyn said

Really think GA does a good job of listening to their player base with all the changes they have pushed out since launch, kudos to them.

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 5:10AM Psychotic Storm said

Great news, I love the GW style MMOs.

Now, I hope the next time they ship collectors packages they ship in EU too.

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 7:19AM Duulin said

Look at all the positive responses. Developers take note, the Guild Wars model is win/win for everyone. Sell expansions...

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM