| Mail |
You might also like: WoW Insider, Joystiq, and more

Reader Comments (58)

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 8:37PM (Unverified) said

  • 3 hearts
  • Report
That's what I like to hear! :)

I think this model will work out well for GA.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 8:41PM (Unverified) said

  • 3 hearts
  • Report
Guild Wars style eh? Not bad

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 8:42PM (Unverified) said

  • 2.5 hearts
  • Report
probably a good plan on their part, really wasn't worth a subscription unless you were on one of the few agencies that stood a chance in AVA.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 8:43PM (Unverified) said

  • 2.5 hearts
  • Report
I am now tempted to purchase this game. The monthly subscription model did not feel right for what I would have got out of the game. Good call on this change.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 8:53PM Tizmah said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Tempting...Waiting on APB right. If that wasn't right around the corner I'd definitely would get this now..Damn, Steam is having a great sale as well. Bioshock 2 for only 14.99 x.x sweet.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 8:59PM (Unverified) said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Suddenly i want to reinstall it

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:01PM Bartlebe said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Well its good they finally realized that no one would pay. Good for them.

Now lets see some more content and we'll really be rolling along.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:02PM GenericPerson said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Just bought it, as well as the STO Collector's Edition. Good deals even if I don't know when I'll play either.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:03PM GRT said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Isn't it more accurate to say its staying subscription free? I though they were still in their "We're going to start charging a sub fee once we get this damned thing working right." phase.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:16PM swarmofcats said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Yeah, so far they've only accepted "pre-subs" meaning nobody has been charged any fees besides the box price. This is pretty big news to me as I was one of the pre-subscribers waiting for them to start the fees...

I really love this. I might not have kept my sub active for more than a couple months but now I can get back into the game whenever I want. Wooooo for GW style free MMOGs!!
Reply

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 8:19AM GRT said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
@Tempes Magus Steam has it on sale for a bit under $27. Also keep in mind there's a free trial that let's you play to level 15.
Reply

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:12PM Anticrawl said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
I am now considering purchasing this game.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:13PM Bueno said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Damit, Now I need to start mod crafting again. I stopped thinking I wouldn't be able to make epic repair kits due to no sub.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:29PM karnisov said

  • Half a heart
  • Report
BWAHAHAHA. omg i am rolling on the floor.....

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:36PM Qin said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Not really surprised thought something like this would happen. Same thing is gonna happen to APB.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:52PM ZachDude said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Awesome. Completely awesome. I voted for this in the last survey, didn't think they would decide so fast.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:38PM Zaetal said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
This is the way to go, the sub model was completely not worth it considering what it bought, maybe I'll reinstall it now. So long as the rest of their sandstorm update isn't something we have to pay extra for.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:49PM BubleFett said

  • Half a heart
  • Report
I smell micro transaction. A store to buy heavy weapons and gear.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:55PM Xii said

  • 2 hearts
  • Report
Nice to hear. I'm not that surprised, really. Giving people 80% of the game for free than charging for the other 20% probably wouldn't get that many customers. I know I personally wasn't planning to subscribe.

Hope they keep improving it.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:02PM Vlo said

  • 2.5 hearts
  • Report
Wow finally someone else is using the Guild Wars style business model. I got to buy this. Hopefully APB follows suit.

Featured Stories

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM

WoW Archivist: Epics

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 12:00PM

Engadget

Engadget

Joystiq

Joystiq

WoW Insider

WoW

TUAW

TUAW