Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:25AM anduz said

I knew I should've gone for a longer training queue than 3 days. :(

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:52AM Johny B said

ya i hear you ... mine is going to be done in 3 hours, not very happy bout it ...

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:59AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
People wonder why Hello Kitty Online has a larger base.

Posted: Jun 25th 2010 11:24AM (Unverified) said

I don't wonder, there's clearly lots o' Pedo-bears out there.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:20AM benfolds said

OH Come on. Things like this are going to happen. I have been involved in some moves like this, although a lot smaller in scope, and unexpected things happen. You can't plan for everything. I would rather they take the time to get it right than launch and have issues. CCP is pushing the envelope big time in this industry, and with that, come some unexpected challenges. My hats off to them for doing so. They fear nothing, and that is what makes them the ideal gaming company in my eyes. The server will soon be up. They have an amazing uptime for what they are doing, which is one persistent gaming world.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:26AM (Unverified) said

They're terrible at giving accurate ETAs on downtime, however i'm not going to hold that against them. Especially in this situation where a lot of people truly do not know what all is involved with moving not just one server, but a whole damn shard of servers. I would be surprised if things were actually finished and online today.

I still love my EVE, so of course I would love to see it back up and running sooner rather than later. But at least I understand and can accept what they are trying to do and what issues are involved with that.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 10:32AM DrewIW said

Repeat after me CCP...

Under promise. Over deliver.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:43AM Lateris said

Do they run SQL?

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:47AM (Unverified) said

Best part is that they actually took my payment at 23:00 UTC on 6/23 so they literally took my money in the middle of a massive outage... something just doesn't feel right about that.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 11:58AM (Unverified) said

CCP planned 6 hours for a complete move of all the servers to their new position, installation of internal network components, testing and putting the cluster back online. I don't think it would have been possible under perfect circumstances to perform all these actions in the given timeframe.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 12:05PM Brendan Drain said

If you can't comment without insulting people, please don't comment at all. I understand your frustration but there's a polite and constructive way to express it.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 12:13PM GaaaaaH said

It's up!

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 12:23PM Brendan Drain said

Thanks for the heads up, the server is indeed back up! Login queues are currently in effect as everyone is trying to log in at the same time.