Posted: Jun 23rd 2010 6:15PM (Unverified) said

Really good podcast this week, guys! I could've listened to another 90 mins of your E3 comments and analysis.

I'm intrigued by TERA and I love the sound of the unique features in LegoUniverse and Forsaken World. I totally agree with Sera about the bigger MMOs needing to push the envelope more when it comes to game design/features.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 2:18AM Yoh said

Hmmmm, I might have to give Black Prophesy a go when it comes out.
Was already somewhat interested, but it seems it's come along better then expected.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 4:22AM Valdur said

Two thumbs up for this week podcast and yeah,I too feel the 90 mins short and could have listened to another hour.

The game that got me most interested is TERA and here too I also agree with you,I want to see other things than combat.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 3:56PM (Unverified) said

SWTOR having a tank dps jedi off tank healer triumvrate quad or whateverumvrate sounds promising to me. I guess I'm a hater so I usually hate SWTOR news but that sounded good. I think the main hurdle in playing MMO's is playing in a group, obviously there is one way to play best in classic WoW (I haven't played past TBC) but getting 5 people or 10/20/40 to play that way on the same page is the challenge. If that weren't the case no one would whine about multiboxers. The challenge isn't so much the game itself but getting everyone on the same page. Something as simple as the healer/tank/dps is hard to do in a group because everyone's an alpha and the defacto puller starts having social anxiety and some one else gets tired of waiting around and pulls at the same time the defacto puller finally gets the courage to pull the next group on the other side of the room. When everything comes together it's glorious and then you all have to end up joining different raid groups since you can't 5 man Molten Core, one raid group is better and your old friend gets better gear and you get all jealous and don't talk to him anymore. That's what MMO's are about, I mean that's why there is a massively site and a joystiq site.

I don't want revolutionary new game mechanics to make an MMO good. I just want immersion and an ideal social dynamic as a goal to shoot for.

But I'll probably just keep living the hermit life on top of a mountain in Wurm Online.

Posted: Jun 27th 2010 10:48AM BubleFett said

The more I read and hear about Tera the more I think that is
going to be a TERA-FIC game. Ba Dum Tsh

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM