Posted: Jun 23rd 2010 6:25PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
No way will I play this game again, the WORST combat animations ever. My ranger would shoot monsters with his sheild or knife...really, really bad. However the thing that really turns me off about EQ2 is the fact that the bad animations have been there since day one lol. WTH? Shows me they just don't care. I also sent numerous bug reports and questions with no answer.

I hope the team involved with EQ2 stays way away from DCUO, way away.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2010 11:24PM (Unverified) said

Show's me you haven't played in awhile or there's something wrong with your system. Played it for years and while it has a lot of issues. Shooting arrows with a shield and the animations not matching as they should, hasn't been a problem since release.

As fast as these games evolve, maybe you should have more recent experience before you speak of years old problems like everyone has them, when likely still, it was just... you.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2010 9:28PM (Unverified) said

Why are they surprised it's under performing? The majority of players play EQ2 for the raiding,questing and RP. They would have been better off implementing a cross server LFG system. So much great content in this game and the causal player will never see half of it.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2010 10:23PM Ozewa said

What is the download link for the trial?
I have... 4 computers to install it on.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 9:02AM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
@ nomanor01 Dude go play a ranger and hit Rear Shot and tell me what you see. You need to do YOUR research before you start calling out people's systems or experience in games. Also I don't have any idea why my post was grayed out?

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 12:48PM Miffy said

EQ2 has never been know for it's good graphics. They are plastic, bland and generic with such bad textures. The character models are animated poorly, look really stiff and they look like plastic themselves, the human models are really really bad though. The armour as well has always been a really big down point of the game, the alpha shots showed lovely armour models that never came into the game, also had nice human models too lol. Though I preferred the graphics in general of the alpha client.

Posted: Jun 24th 2010 1:44PM (Unverified) said

EQ2 is my current game, after recently trying LOTRO for 3 months (or so?). So far I am enjoying EQ2 soo soo much more.
I played EQ2 back when it was first released years ago, and had a horrible time trying to inch my way forward without a group. Trying it again, I can confidently say... this is not THAT EQ2... thank goodness. This is something better. I am having a great time.

One of the first things that amazed me was all the customization of your character. Your odds of finding your doppelganger are going to be slim. So many wonderful choices. I spent way too much time going through all the races and customizing them (apparently there is no way to make a female troll attractive, its just hideous the whole way.)

To me, the graphics are a tad low res, but still very nice. Metals look like they should. Beetle shells reflect deep hidden colors when you rotate your camera around them. Ores shine with bits of Mica while shifting hues.Marble looks shiny, Mirrors and Water reflect quite nicely. Textures are also good, but could use some work. Stones and plants look great textured, but fur looks more like sculpted clay.

The housing is really fun, and far far far better than LOTRO's housing. Blows LOTRO out of the water in that dept with all the levels of customization and so so many items! Something about it adds an extra level of immersion. My house is unique and all mine. Your odds of visiting someone else's house and having it look like yours are very slim. (something I ran into in LOTRO).

Lots to do so far. My hands are full and I haven't even tackled crafting yet, or Battlegrounds, or the in-game card game. (Bad me!). I've had so much fun adventuring. There is a feature where you can redirect your leveling experience into developing your talent tree more (Alternate advancement), so you can level as fast or as slow as you like and still benefit. I turned off leveling at level 26 because I felt I was outleveling the quests too fast and wanted to do more exploring of some of the lower level areas. I love it and my character is kinda insanely OP with 65 AA points put into her so far.
You can also mentor a friend, which lowers your level to theirs. So things like level gaps never need to get in the way of socializing.

TL;DR: Its different now, in a good way. Try it.