Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 10:12AM JohnD212 said

• 1 heart
I know this probably won't be popular to say..but am I the only one tired of so many updates on this game..considering it won't be out for at least a year if not more. I can't wait to try it..but all these constant updates just make me more angry that they won't get it out the door sooner.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 10:21AM MrGutts said

Ok, now you are talking crazy talk.

It's 10 months! :P

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 10:43AM Greeen said

I stopped reading about this game, since I don't want to drive myself crazy. Maybe every 10th, 15th or so report I flick through. As you say, it is nearly a year left.
I do have it already preordered though :D

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 10:26AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
As much as I want this game to be as amazing as it can get. The combat looks SO boring! If it weren't for the graphics, that montage of combat could have come from an early Nintendo 64 game.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 10:46AM Greeen said

ah, come on. It might not be uber modern, tripple-sli grafics, but it ain't that bad as you state. they probably make some compromises to ensure wide-sales. if only the uber-geeks can play, then there is no money in it. which doesn't mean one can not hope for uber grafics.....
and with regards to combat - I dunno, watching is something else than playing. It makes a huge difference if it is fps, or mmo-cookie-cutter-press-1-2-3-auto-aim style; the visuals for a bystander will be (more or less) the same.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 11:35AM Cicadymn said

Second.

The combat looks boring and they've already stated they're going to try to go the way of WoW in the way it plays.

I'm really on the fence with this one. If I wanted WoW graphics and WoW playstyle I'd go play WoW.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 2:15PM Valdur said

I agree and I don't want to play another WoWified single player + multi option in disguised as an MMO.

Posted: Jun 23rd 2010 6:55AM (Unverified) said

I'm pretty sure that combat in mmorpgs have been pretty standard since the time of Everquest. I remember playing Shadowbane when it first came out and the combat was just like WoW. If you're bored of rpg style combat, then play a fps or a hack and slash game like Torchlight.

They've stated that combat will be more "mobile". How much so? We have only been told of the smuggler's cover ability and how you will need to maneuver into a position in order to negate the defensive bonus that smugglers will receive from it...or just blast the damn wall down with a rocket or two.

Is the combat similar to WoW? Yes. Is WoW's combat similar to all of it's predecessors? Yes. Will mmorpg style combat ever completely change? I doubt it. It will probably just be tweaked from game to game. Why fix something if it isn't broken?

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 10:27AM MrGutts said

Just a quick count of June posts. It's not toooo bad. Unlike *cough Fallen *cough Earth..

Jun 22
Jun 21 x2
Jun 19
Jun 18
Jun 15 x2
Jun 14 x3
Jun 11
Jun 7
Jun 4 x2
Jun 3
Jun 1

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 8:00PM (Unverified) said

Everything from the 14th till now doesn't really count, E3 had a bit of news on the game.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 10:48AM Stormwaltz said

I hate it when artists assume that the way to make me feel "cooler" is to force me to wear bigger, cruftier, stupider-looking armor as I level up.

That last armor looks like the bastard offspring of a Big Daddy and a Decepticon. Why would I want to walk around looking like that? If I'm a bounty hunter, I want to be lean and mean, not a walking refrigerator.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 11:00AM breezer said

TMI

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 11:13AM jpkustra said

I'm anxious for them to announce the new classes beyond the original 8. Being a bounty hunter looks cool and all but I'm sure there are going to be a ton of them!

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 11:14AM Uninformed said

Agreed with stormwaltz. Sleek is the way of the BH. Not boxy. HOWEVER, Powered Armor is boxy other than the Mandalorian variety of our favorite SW icon.

So I guess there will be trade offs. But yes, boxy is silly.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 11:18AM J Brad Hicks said

Gods, I hate full-face helmets. They make every character look exactly alike.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 11:39AM (Unverified) said

am i crazy or is that bounty hunter wearing a breathe-rite strip?

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 12:23PM charlieromeobravo said

I hope that the progression is stat based and not tied to the aesthetics of the armor. The stats are the important part for the game mechanics but I don't want to run around wearing the exact same suit as every other guy at my level...

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 1:13PM Verus said

Where are the wow style shoulder armors with animated wings and shit ?

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 12:55PM SiML said

" Ok, now you are talking crazy talk.

It's 10 months! :P -

Indeed!, enough time to procreate, have a real child and give it 1 month quality time!, hurry!, because after that all your life are belong to teh Lucas!.
You KNOW this to be true!, it is your DEStiny. ;-)

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 1:01PM (Unverified) said

Maybe they will have a costume slot like lotro?

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014