Posted: Jun 21st 2010 11:55AM Thac0 said

So when is the GFX update?! I would love to go back and try this game again but the graphics are so dated that its really a turn off. DO you think they are re-doing character models too since its taking so long?

Anywho.... Happy Barfday AO!

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 12:14PM (Unverified) said

They are redoing almost every single element in-game. Character models, environments, mobs and they did drop hints on we having visible belts!

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 12:24PM Thac0 said

When in the world will it be done? Thats a huge undertaking, but its been a few years i think since they announced that they were doing it. I think with a sturdy gfx overhaul AO would be a top pick for any sci-fi mmo fan. Hopefully the update wont be like CCP's Incarna.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 12:28AM C Rose said

I just got back into AO after years. It is still, hands down the BEST MMO in terms of customization and the skill system. It has a steep learning curve because it's so in-depth but if you give it a little time and learn the system, it's awesome. The graphics updates have been coming for years, but they originally were using the OGRE engine but that fell through about a year ago so now they are going with their own Age of Conan engine. (Why they didn't just use their own incredible engine to begin with who knows!) Give it a try and read up about the skills before giving up on it. Anyone out there who still plays please try to get in touch and we can play together.

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 2:32PM dawmdt said

What's the population of AO nowadays?

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 3:29PM (Unverified) said

Such a good game, such a long grind :S

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 7:49PM Purkit said

Well I loved AO back in the olden days. I never really found a game to replace it. I'm really hoping the graphics update comes soon as I'd love to give it another go.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 4:14AM Psychotic Storm said

Gameplay is nice, grind is awful, Graphics are atrocious.

AO is a game in various stages of development and completion, the new shoulder pads have more polygons than the entire characters mesh, I really hope they get on with the graphics update soon, to be honest the previews they show on their "preview" column are great, just not implemented.

Posted: Jul 14th 2010 9:54AM (Unverified) said

AO was my FIRST MMO! Some of my first and most vivid digital memories ever come from this game.

I'd love to go back to it, and get back to playing my Nano-Technician "Nanec" lol. As soon as they get it done, I'll be going back.

Grind? There is no grind. Just play.