Posted: Jun 20th 2010 6:34PM Minofan said

[The p.2 link didn't work for me - I had to add "-pt-2" manually to get here.]

Color me surprisingly intrigued - I wouldn't have thought racing + MMO would be to my taste at all.

After visiting the site though, I'm still clueless about the business model; the starter pack is $20 of the store currency plus standard perks (early access, unqiue title etc.), but it also invisibly allows your account to level to whatever the cap is?
Kind of the Guild Wars sales model, but with an infinite playable demo?

If that is the case, they REALLY need to highlight the account upgrade aspect more!

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 6:43PM Larry Everett said

Fixed the link now. Thanks.

As for the business model, you've pretty much got it right. It's a F2P game until level 10. You can stay at level 10 as long as you'd like. To get to level 50 (which is the current cap), you have get the starter pack.

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 8:04PM (Unverified) said

That GW model is exactly what I was thinking during the demo. It seems like a really great idea.

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 8:05PM (Unverified) said

Hot Wheels Planet.... LIVES!

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 8:14PM (Unverified) said

Too bad this is a terrible -driving- game.

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 9:09PM Kuroyume said

This game needs quite some extra time before launch... at least if the last beta was any indication, as it felt very incomplete... you couldn't change the controls, the multiplayer didn't work, the single player, both races and pursuits, was too easy, you couldn't do any sort of performance tuning...

i could go on for several pages...

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 10:25PM Darkdust said

How long ago was that?

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 7:44AM fodder650 said

Yeah that was only a couple weeks ago during the big beta. You were extremely limited in what you could do. it was strangely addicting and I will go back to it. But I need to be able to assign things to my joystick like throttle. So its not just off and on. Plus the engine customizations, or at least i had heard it was coming, werent in game nor were the cops playable yet.

Its the pursuit side that gave me the most fun and most laughs though. Especially when the AI was kicked up and really made things far more difficult. Sure it was an arcade feel but having to run for your life like that and trying to find that perfect little hiding spot was great.

Im an ex-Motor City Online player and I just keep waiting for that replacement game. I'm hoping this or Test Drive Unlimited 2 can help do that.

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 12:12AM Shanawa said

It was like that for me a few weeks ago. Multiplayer didn't always work and the only purpose of a friends list was to compare stats. You couldn't group up to join the same race or pursuit.

Posted: Jul 23rd 2010 12:04PM wcdregon said

This MMO looks interesting. If i can ever get my 360 controller to work with my PC, i will definintly give this a try. Playing racing games with a keyboard doesn't give you the same amount of touch control as a wheel or controller does.