Posted: Jun 19th 2010 11:42AM VioletArrows said

I've quit LEGO Universe because it just makes me depressed and angry now. They took the freedom of LEGOs and wrapped them in an generic mmo where half the rules aren't expressly stated (Oh it has levels, we just didn't put concrete numbers on anything. Good luck!), you just figure them out after you die repeatedly.

I might log on to DDO to see if I can level up this weekend since the guild is obviously turning into way more than a once a week thing.

I think I'm just burnt out on MMOs now. Yet somehow I've been tasked by the boyfriend to find us something to play. *bangs head on desk*

Posted: Jun 19th 2010 11:16PM (Unverified) said

Well, I got my beta code for Medal of Honor and I've been enjoying that multiplayer beta. Then probably some Fallen Earth or Battlefield: Bad Company 2, along with jumping on EVE to start finishing up the tail end of my skills for large railgun II's (:D), considering reinstalling Battlefield 2 and resubbing to WoW too... Time will tell.

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 12:31AM (Unverified) said

Oh yeah, I know, I put in my time :P There's just nothing else right now. Fallen Earth and EVE are both awesome, but I always find myself looking for a more laid back game. One where I can die and say "So what" and just keep going. A very casual MMORPG, but still one with some depth. Any ideas on that front?

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 12:48AM (Unverified) said

Just tried Star Wars Galaxies, and I love it! It currently is the best pay to play game that runs well on integrated intel graphics chipsets, IMHO.

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 1:50AM (Unverified) said

I recently just resubbed to wow. yes, its showing its age but right now everything is to high spec for my pc or has no depth

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 3:09AM (Unverified) said

hmm...maybe ill try it. you should give me ur username tho. playing with someone is always better

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 9:17AM Ocho said

Well my time is at a premium recently... have a few really momentous events coming up in my life so gaming is definitely taking the backseat for the next month or so.

However, I recently started a kinship for casual levelers in LotRO named Middle Earth Militia on the Elendilmir server which anybody new to the game, or a real casual player like myself is more than welcome to come and level along with us. We formed because finding groups at the lower levels of the game are really difficult as the majority of players are level capped, so we have a great group of new lower level players that are more than willing to help in groups. So because of this, LotRO right now has my focused gaming attention.

(Anybody interested in joining (and the includes you Massively staff as well), contact my main Ocholorin or anyone else in the kinship and we'll throw you an invite).

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 9:29AM Ocho said

Very true Tempes. I picture the community level to be like your standard bellcurve. Tons of regular, run-of-the-mill casual mature gamers, a few trolls, and the few uber-elite. You expand the community size, you'll just have more of each player type. However, in a large population, with a large pricetag, people get a feeling of entitlement, which breeds eliteness and immaturity.

imho, this is why WoW's community has declined. Its not like the good guilds and players aren't there, they really are... they're just horribly overshadowed by the much louder elitists and trolls. You drop either one, the cost or the population, and people tend to lose the elitist attitudes. Those that still keep them have a harder time finding others to agree with them.

I heart social and group dynamics. It really is fascinating to observe and be a part of.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM