Posted: Jun 16th 2010 4:13PM CCon99 said

Things are looking really really desperate in Crypticville lately. Dev's jumping ship, desperate cash grab's at the expense of loyal supporters, empty servers. Not looking to good.

This is really bottom feeder low, even for them. I could get the preorder items eventually (as in at least a year) going up for sale or offered as vet rewards, but the Collector's Edition and Lifetime Sub bonuses are just way to far. They actually charged more money for the Collector's Edition and Digital Download Deluxe versions. On top of that, they specifically told their supporters that the only way to get all the preorder items was to buy multiple copies of the game (not just the preorder box).

I really can't believe they screwed over their Lifetime supporters like that, these were the people who blindly took a chance on them by throwing down $200+ dollars on a game that wasn't complete, to support them early on. This lame move pretty much tells anyone considering to buy a Lifetime Sub from them in the future, that they can't be trusted when it comes to their future marketing tactics. If they sell a lifetime sub for their next rushed to launch game, you now know you won't be getting anything special with it. Same with preordering, they had a good scheme taking advantage of their fanboy's buying multiple copies to get useless items. Now even those fanboy's will know in the future that if they just wait 4 months, they can get all those items for $4.

LOL their marketing team is really terrible (incompetent even), they had a good thing with the multiple game copy suckers, now they just ruined any chance of them buying multiple copies next time they try to offer a 100 different preorder items. Every "promotion" those tools do, ends in uproar and people quitting. You would think they were doing everything they can to sabotage the game, if that was the case then I take that back, they would be brilliant.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 5:48PM Lionhearted said

They just need to go full-on F2P, or go the Guild Wars route and only charge to purchase the game. The game isn't deep or good enough for a full-sub & giant Micro store (especially one that has items in it which actually impacts gameplay, like races with specific racial traits, etc.)

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 6:37PM spamero said

This game was failure from the start yet you modded me down every time I wrote about it... ha ! payback is a bitch! (in case you are one of the suckers who bought it...)

Some pro tips:
1. Don't buy games from shit companies
2. There is no 2

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 9:12PM (Unverified) said

Who the heck cares? I'm a Lifetime. And if Cryptic wants to sell Liberated Borg, let them. I got it for free. I paid for the Lifetime and got the Lifetime, the extras don't matter to me.

And anyone who bought multiple copies of the game for one account to get the extras has way more money than they deserve.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 9:25PM (Unverified) said

I don't remember anyone at Cryptic holding a gun to my head and demanding that I MUST purchase a Lifetime subscription... or multiple copies of the game...(which I didn't)

Goofy people...

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 2:17PM (Unverified) said

I think Cryptic realizes now that their game doesn't have another solid year in it unless they do something drastic like this. Face it there is many MMO's coming out that will draw people away from even WoW, so games that feel not quite complete have a lot to worry about. I don't think there is enough die hard star trek gamers out there to keep this game from going belly up if they don't do something quickly. If the stockholders don't think they are getting enough money they will do things like kill servers, etc. Unfortunately when you game in it a 1 server universe you risk a whole lot. I played STO for a good 2 months and loved the space combat. If there was more to do I might still play it, but the ground combat is sluggish at best and not where is should be for a game that hasn't been released for a year yet.