Posted: Jun 16th 2010 11:50AM TheJackman said

This is it guys the new WoW killer is here!!! :P

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 1:56PM ultimateq said

The game looks promising. But it needs a bit longer. Seems clunky and unpolished in it's current state. Can't wait to see it a few months from now.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 4:05PM johnmatthais said

The goal was to make it familiar to people that have ever played a console LEGO game before (LEGO Indiana Jones, Batman, Star Wars, etc), so clunky and unpolished to you may just be you not liking the style of gameplay.

However, after seeing the interface, I can see how some people wouldn't like it. It is rather...round. xD

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 4:28PM ultimateq said

I'm talking about the teleporting drivers. I'm talking about the textures that look like they're pulled out of an old Nintendo 64 game. I'm talking about the combat that looks like it only has 1 basic attack.

The only thing that actually looked like it might be close to being complete is the build system. Which is fitting considering it's a Lego game.

I know the graphics aren't supposed to be super amazing, and I expect them to be simplistic. But you can have simple graphics that still look good. The characters look pretty fine, my gripes are about the environments.

I'll make a choice later as to whether or not I want to play it. But from what I can see in these videos, I'd rather be playing FreeRealms.

I'm not trying to insult the game at all. Like I said, it looks kind of cool. It just hasn't done anything to catch my interest, short of the really cool trailer videos.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 2:28PM (Unverified) said

I'm in the closed beta and I'll buy the game once it comes out, for sure. It sucks for the Mac crowd though that the game is a Cider port...

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge