Posted: Jun 17th 2010 9:53AM (Unverified) said

I think at this point, old-world refers to Shadows of angmar content.

I'd like to also confirm that the scaling refers to level and not to size, even though I'd like to run Helegrod as a 12-man instead of a 24. Getting that many people together takes way too long.

As for avoiding moria, don't. The epic questline makes up less than 10% of the content there, and there are some really spectacular places. Also, most of the V2 line is soloable. There are just 5 group instances to complete before you get your legendary capstone trait. And 5 after that to finish the book. Some of these are 3-man instances as well. On Brandywine, people are running these daily.

Posted: Jun 17th 2010 12:08PM Djinn said

This map is very strange - Dunland is East and if anything slightly north of Enedwaith.

Posted: Jun 17th 2010 12:22PM Kyzgar said

Posted: Jun 17th 2010 2:43PM Djinn said

"Actually, Dunland is IN Enedwaith (consider it a county inside a state). That map represents the northeast corner of Enedwaith, not the entire region. (My link above to Berephon's post also covers this.) :)"

I hate it when they represent an area as the whole thing when its actually only part. Very confusing.

Posted: Jun 18th 2010 8:26AM (Unverified) said

So not excited. The only thing that excites me halfway is the mentioning of DirectX 11. Of course it does not say what they will do with it. It also does not say what hardware you will need for it. This, could convince me to stay with LOTRO, despite the whole F2P debacle, provided the DirectX11 support is implemented well. Of course that still remains to be seen. If it is just a few additional specular highlights, or some glow, I wont bother.
I hope the landscape, trees and buildings get some Tesselation...

Posted: Jun 19th 2010 4:11AM (Unverified) said

very good info, I like the idea with the old raid instances and also the tell of a new hobby.

www.juicycoututre.cc

Posted: Jul 2nd 2010 3:46PM Mister Dave said

Definitely interesting. I dismissed the whining and complaining over the F2P move a long time ago, but I'm still glad that they're only offering cosmetic and convenience items. If they do start selling viable gear, however unlikely that is, I'll quit.

Enedwaith also looks interesting. I hope it's detailed and developed with a cool epic arc. I also want to see LotRO in DX11 - judging by what I've seen of DX11 so far, it should be quite impressive.