Posted: Jun 16th 2010 5:23PM Bartlebe said

"It seems some people are worried that Global Agenda has low player activity and may be on its last legs."

Pretty much sums it up.

People don't like to endlessly grind instances. Big surprise?

Also, people don't want to pay a subscription for the right to run a few additional instances. Big surprise there too, right? They keep changing content and making it free because they know that no one in their right mind will pay for what they're currently offering.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 5:26PM Pewpdaddy said

They haven't burned anyone yet in my opinion. There hasn't been a sub since launch because they(HiRez) don't feel like they have the content to back it up yet. The instance grind is a little rough, but really? quest grinding is better because?. If you like to shoot people in the face(I do) it's pretty fun. I've been fantasy MMO'd to death so to have something different works for me.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 5:23PM Pewpdaddy said

Looking forward to Phase 2 of Sandstorm. Phase 1 has taken some getting used to, but all in all feels like a step in the right direction for me. I tend to PvE much more than PvP since I get wrecked a lot in PvP and no crafting mats drop there. A fun game in my opinion.

Looking forward to open world PvP instead of just the instanced stuff I get now. Go HiRez, glad to see my initial interest in this game a year ago didn't go to waste!!! If you haven't hit the trial yet, do it. My lvl 12 Assault needs cannon fodder.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 5:28PM Bartlebe said

I'm just bitter because I want another Tribes game and this isn't it.

Can someone please just make another Tribes game?

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 5:57PM Psychotic Storm said

sounds good and all that, but and here is the but.

I don't care about AVA, guilds and all that, I hope they manage to pull off enough things for subscription to players that don't care about AVA and organised guilds that participate there.

Posted: Jun 17th 2010 1:31AM swarmofcats said

Anyone who grinds in Global Agenda... well, that's a problem with the player, not the game. Nothing in this game is focused on grinding.

One of the best things about GA is that you can log in at any time and be taking part in whatever you want within minutes. They reward you with *more* options at higher levels (30+), but none of them are strictly *better* options than what you have already.

But the main reason it doesn't feel like a grind is because the combat is AWESOME. If you're staring at your experience bar instead of enjoying the actual experience it's your own damn fault.

Posted: Jun 20th 2010 1:59AM (Unverified) said

The game is so greatly balanced where a level 10 can kill a level 50. Levels don't matter as much in this game as they do in others, but it would be cool if they did make getting to the higher levels more rewarding. If they do end up increasing the level cap, I hope they do grant more bonuses or items, etc to people who take the time to get that high. The PvP system is great that if you're level 30, you get level 30+ people, and vice-versa, level 10-29, you get level 10-29 people. I don't know where I was getting at with this, but you're right. Grinding is pretty pointless in this game, as you get the same rewards for lower leveled things as higher leveled things.

Posted: Jun 17th 2010 12:42PM (Unverified) said

"Erez explained that in the beginning they worked extremely hard on the foundations of the game, with future development already in mind... Erez reiterated the core belief that player feedback plays an integral role in the game's development. 'We figured it's better to release a little bit earlier and get all the feedback and evolve the game.'"

Weapons that actually hit their target, combat jetpacks, open world, story elements- Gee, If Erez had actually listened to these suggestions from his own staff years ago until waiting until the game released to "fix it," GA would be in a whole different league than it is now. BTW, I don't know how four+ years of development=releasing early. What a douche.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014