Posted: Jun 15th 2010 1:15PM (Unverified) said

Is it possible to make mad, passionate love to a video game? I have a feeling I'll find out in November.

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 1:51PM eyeball2452 said

Looks cool, but I'm still waiting for some hands-on previews.

Also, the ground textures need a lot of work in a majority of the scenes shown above. The character models are really the only thing that stands out from a graphical standpoint so far.

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 2:30PM (Unverified) said

I hope they change that "plastic" look everything has, especially the characters. Perhaps it is just the lighting models used, but you'd think their promotional videos would have the graphics cranked up to the max.

The super speed running looks good, although I'd like to see actual game play footage from the over the shoulder normal view to see just how fast it really is.

Combat still looks rather static and the animations aren't very smooth. I'm hoping for some more detailed info over the next few days.

Posted: Jun 16th 2010 2:37PM Valdamar said

Yeah that's what I thought too - all of the characters look like plastic action figures - it's just Champions Online all over again, graphically. Or if you're looking for something comparable from SOE, then EverQuest 2 had very plastic/clay-like avatars as well. Of course EQ2's terrain/world graphics were gorgeous if you had a PC that could run them - even EQ2's terrain gfx from 5 years ago look better than any of the backgrounds I saw in that DCUO clip.

City of Heroes may not have cutting edge graphics but at least they don't annoy me, so I guess I'm sticking with that for my superhero MMO fix. CoH has better animation than most other MMOs too - CO and DCUO just look like they have frames missing when characters are moving. Nothing irks me more than jerky animation - well, except maybe plastic textures for skin/cloth :p

Maybe the graphics and animation are ok if this is supposed to be a lightweight cartoony MMO for youngsters like Free Realms, but I was hoping for a bit more quality from a DC MMO.

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 3:03PM BORODA said

Graphics really looks same as in CoH with Ulta mode On.

Posted: Jun 21st 2010 2:16PM (Unverified) said

You need a new monitor if you think this looks like CoH in ultra mode. Seriously.

Posted: Jun 22nd 2010 1:49AM BORODA said

I got a nice 22" monitor with. So...

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 7:38PM BubleFett said

So many mmos so little time.

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 8:12PM Cicadymn said

Meh, reminds me of Champions, but just with bigger named NPCs.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014