Posted: Jun 14th 2010 1:43PM (Unverified) said

Just a little heads up for everyone who wants to start playing ROM. This is the latest scandal that hit ROM servers.

*advertising video removed by editor*

Posted: Jun 14th 2010 3:31PM HuBu said

welcome to RoM endgame. please hand over your wallet @ the door.

You should mention that over dura items (over 100) is only good when its over 108. Why? because once the dura drops below the 100 mark, there goes your 20% bonus. When doing long runs, your gear dura will drop and so will your bonus.

They really need to do something about the difficulty lvl of the elite mobs in end game because for those that aren't buying gems or stones, its close to impossible to survive.

Posted: Jun 14th 2010 5:17PM jeremys said

@HuBu Hm. I see, but isn't that on items where you've applied a durability bonus with Repair Hammers that one can buy in the cash shop?

I have a few pieces that dropped from mobs with the 20% durability bonus and all I have to do is repair my armor like normal at an NPC. The bonus never goes away.

Thank you for the information. I will do some more research on it.

Posted: Jun 14th 2010 6:22PM jeremys said

I read that wrong. That is very interesting and thank you. Related to the article, I think it's still a definite plus to have the durability bonus there (better than nothing :) ).

I'm sure I'll see more of the problem you mention, when I start running long instances. Maybe I'll mention my impressions in a later article.

Thanks again.

Posted: Jun 14th 2010 4:04PM XOR said

you need to plant more than just one dollar for something to grow ...try again

Posted: Jun 14th 2010 6:33PM HuBu said

np man. I had recently learned all this from a guildie.

Posted: Jun 15th 2010 1:17PM Thrasher said

Welcome to RoM, no matter what gear you build you will never solo any boss your level. the difficulty after 50 is specifically designed to make you grind dungeons (starting w clops and kalin) get stats, build gear, rinse and repeat. this is what finally drove me away, build gear so i can farm the gear i need to make my next set of gear so i can farm for more stats to build my next set of gear..... on and on.
RoM is a fun game until you realize the questing was made to funnel players into the higher lvls where they will need to either farm their guts out for gold to buy the CS items or spend your real cash to do the same yourself.
I understand the co neds to make money but this is underhanded basically letting you think the game is free until your high lvl and deeply committed to your toon then whammo the difficulty goes through the roof.
you said your about 50? once you cross over to volcano area (53 i believe) give up most of your ambitions to solo anything - unless you build some smoking gear, even then you will be able to solo only the most basic of quests without help. such an awesome game but I became soooo tired of farming gear and stats or armor sets for weeks on end just so they can come down with a patch making that set worthless (meaning you have to do it all over again) which in turn is the point they nerf stuff you have to farm more and (hopefully) spend more building a new set (again).
Rom is a a cool game but the fact that end game is mostly for money players is sad.