Posted: Jun 11th 2010 2:55PM Blay said

I know some people do but I don't ever get tired of SWTOR news.

I signed up for the beta but I don't think I would accept the invitation for the fear of ruining my experience prior to launch. The story driven aspect with 100$ voice acting is gonna be huge for me, I tend to not read text but I always listen to the voices in games like Oblivion and Fallout.

Hope this game keeps the immersion of a single player game and lets me group up with people to knock down some quests or pvp :)

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 2:56PM Blay said

$=% lol, proofread I did not :(

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 2:57PM (Unverified) said

This was a Great Video Log update from BioWare. Did alot to connect the events of KOTOR to the upcoming TOR. Of course, the largest bombshell (though not *really* a Bombshell for those who have bothered to acutally *listen* to BioWare over the years) was the with-out question pronouncement that KOTOR's main protaganist, Revan, was indeed a Male, Caucasion and raven haired, and that he was indeed redeemed by Bastila at the close of the game.

As some could well imagine, these has caused a few folks to be Up in Arms over the established canon; sadly these folks are going to Hate TOR if they can't get over the fact that thier respective Revan is not *The* Revan from the main timeline in TOR. I look at the whole thing as being different universes and realities; so where Revan might be a different gender in my alternate reality, in the Canon reality he's a Guy, Jedi Hero, loved Bastila, etc. Overall, it's was a great Friday update. To hear more about the Canon discussion I would recommend the TOR forums.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 3:13PM (Unverified) said

Yes but is has been stated in other places that the cannon ending of KOTOR1 was male raven, good ending and KOTOR 2 is Exile Female good ending.

Not sure why people are angry, there was a dev post explaining that they have tried as much as possible to reduce the effect of players story (if they played Kotor as anything but the cannon ending) by not advertising it to much, however is is inevitable to come up because in the game he is seen as a hero of the republic.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 3:18PM Aquaryon said

As Blay said, I never get tired of hearing about this game....

And every time I do hear about it, my pants get a wee-bit tighter...

:P

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 7:43PM (Unverified) said

Maybe you should do a little exercise then while you await the games release ;)

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 4:16PM (Unverified) said

Female Revan?? Sorry but in MY game Revan was a male.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 9:09PM Monkey D Luffy said

Damn it, i have yet to beat KotOR cause it won't work on Windows 7 and now this spoiled it.

SPOILER WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE!

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 10:12PM (Unverified) said

If you want to talk about Bioware invalidating my plot choices look no further than the Mass Effect games.

To make up for both of the KOTOR games having cannon "good" endings it looks like cannon Shepard (default male face, unsure about class and background) choose the bad ending to several quests in Mass Effect 1.

Posted: Jun 11th 2010 10:15PM (Unverified) said

Oops, forgot to hit the reply button. Meant to reply to Joey_the_mad26.

Posted: Jun 12th 2010 12:52PM Sean D said

I don't mind that Bioware sticks to their stories in ME or KoToR and promotes the morally good choices. In ME we're all ultimately playing through Shepard's story anyway, not our own. It was just a nice courtesy that Bioware let us design the look of the character for our own personal enjoyment while we played through those chapters of Shepard's life.

Posted: Jun 12th 2010 4:35AM (Unverified) said

Glad to see all the different colors and holding styles on the lightsabers in the screencap above. I hope those options are all available in-game.